Clear All
  • Allentown
    • Oct 2010

New Title Perilous Speed Bag

Has anyone tried this new speed bag?

• BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Being subscribed to titles email notifications I received that link a few weeks ago.. intrigued. It's a sharp looking bag, I'll say that.
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Allentown
      • Oct 2010

It looks really fast.

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Nice!
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Sharp.

Comment

• jaja6009
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2016

I just got the 6x9 version, and yes this is faster and livelier than Title's current bags. But my bag likes to act as if it is not balanced, it has some weird bounces to it. I am hoping that hitting hit for a while will cure this problem.

But this bag flies like a Ringside bag, not sure if it has a different bladder or if it is just lighter.

Comment

• Allentown
              • Oct 2010

Thanks jaja

Comment

• jaja6009
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2016

Ok I swapped out the bladder in the Perilous bag. The black butyl bladder that came in it was huge! This bag does not have the circle glue down that all Title bags have so this big, giant bladder was glued to the bottom of the bag itself like Title's Lightning Fast speed bag. In my opinion this is why the bag bounced so erratically. I swapped in the smallest Title Enkay bladder and it bounces much straighter now. And at 4 PSI the bag is very fast. At 4 PSI it is a bit too hard for my tastes, and a bit too fast for my skill level. In my opinion I had bad luck in getting one that had the bladder glued down poorly, and this was made worse by that fact that Title didn't have the normal circular glue patch at the bottom.

I also replaced the laces with some blue cowhide laces and topped it off with a nice square knot. Here are the pics.

Perilous 6x9 and Classic 6x9

Black Bladder that came with Perilous bag, Enkay larger bladder and on the far right the smallest Enkay bladder which I put into the Perilous bag.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Allentown
                  • Oct 2010

Thanks for all the information. I appreciate it.

Is the Title's Lightning bag faster than the Perilous?

Comment

• rdshackleford
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2016

I like the light blue laces, very nice touch.
                    @ArcSwivel
                    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• jaja6009
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Allentown View Post
                      Thanks for all the information. I appreciate it.

Is the Title's Lightning bag faster than the Perilous?
                      On my setup not even close. The Perilous bag does not take much force to make it move fast. The Lightning Fast bag takes much more force to get it going fast.

Comment

• jaja6009
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Dec 2016

Update.

Today I spent a good hour hitting on the Perilous. This bag is fast. It bounces more like a Ringside bag in that it does not take a harder hit to get a really good bounce. I know it's fast because I cannot do certain moves on it that I can do on other slower bags because it is too fast. I should of weighed it when I had the bladder out, I think the weight must have something to do with it. I changed the bladder to an orange Title Enkay which I have in other Title bags so I know it's not the bladder.

Overall this bag is my goto for boxing triplet as for Bible, its a bit too quick right now.

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
                          Update.

Today I spent a good hour hitting on the Perilous. This bag is fast. It bounces more like a Ringside bag in that it does not take a harder hit to get a really good bounce. I know it's fast because I cannot do certain moves on it that I can do on other slower bags because it is too fast. I should of weighed it when I had the bladder out, I think the weight must have something to do with it. I changed the bladder to an orange Title Enkay which I have in other Title bags so I know it's not the bladder.

Overall this bag is my goto for boxing triplet as for Bible, its a bit too quick right now.
                          "If the bag is too fast, slow down"

use less power. hit softer. remember, it's a control bag, not a speed bag.

My beef with the perilous would be the shape. I belly is towards the middle, not the bottom. I find my hands tend to hit a bit below the belly of this shaped and "slip" on the curved bottom under the belly.

I found the Leone was the same way, takes a lot less power to make it go fast. I love that!
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaja6009
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Dec 2016

Yeah I really have to go back to learning speed with the Perilous. And I am not a fan of the shape either. But I love how it looks and the bounce is killer.

Comment

• baggeric
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Oct 2017

title's perilous

I got the 6x9 and I liked it so much I ordered the 7x10. The 6x9 is one of my top three choices out of my 80 bags. I don't know if I just got a good one or if JaJa got a bad one but I will see when the 7x10 arrives.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...