• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DocRock
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2018

First Rate Boxing Platform.... Simply Awesome

Wanted to share some pictures and thoughts of my new platform. Only hitting the bag for about 2 months. My original platform is on my Rogue Rig and it is very nice and solid. No movement at all and very solid. Main complaint is not being adjustable. I have used ball hook swivels on it and I really liked it.

I wanted to put a platform in the house and had looked at a few but met Jeff Crawford and Freddy Roach who developed the First Rate Platform. Looked at it when I was out in Huntington Beach and I was blown away with not only it's aesthetics but performance. Now I had to watch others to appreciate the performance since I am not real skilled "Yet".... Also I was very impressed with the Swivel Jeff has fabricated. Super smooth and lightning fast. Installing it was a bit tough. I think it weighs 100 to 120. I was able to unscrew the main frame and the the back portion still weighs a ton. It mounts on 16 inch on center studs and has 3 each side. Used 1/2 inch by 3 1/2 lag screws and this thing doesn't move at all. My wife does tell me it is a very good alarm clock when I hit it at 5 a.m.

Here are a few pics. Absolutely love this thing. Like I said I am not very experienced but really like it. It is possible to change Swivels out but I think I will stick to my ball hook on my Rogue and keep Jeff's Swivel on the First Rate Boxing Platform. I have only used a few swivels but this one is lightning fast. Bags I have used are the Balazs large (great bag to learn some of Alan's stuff) I have a small title and really small title, a Cleto Reyes Large, and Everlast kangaroo medium. All work really well. The only bag I have that doesn't seem to work very well on any platform is the Winning synthetic bag... Anyway here as some pics.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DocRock; 05-10-2018, 10:45 PM.
    “My success is not about wealth and fame. I am most concerned with my relationship to God, which is the most important.” – Manny Pacquiao

“With God, hard work and focus I can accomplish what is ahead of me.” – Manny Pacquiao
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by DocRock View Post
    Wanted to share some pictures and thoughts of my new platform. Only hitting the bag for about 2 months. My original platform is on my Rogue Rig and it is very nice and solid. No movement at all and very solid. Main complaint is not being adjustable. I have used ball hook swivels on it and I really liked it.

I wanted to put a platform in the house and had looked at a few but met Jeff Crawford and Freddy Roach who developed the First Rate Platform. Looked at it when I was out in Huntington Beach and I was blown away with not only it's aesthetics but performance. Now I had to watch others to appreciate the performance since I am not real skilled "Yet".... Also I was very impressed with the Swivel Jeff has fabricated. Super smooth and lightning fast. Installing it was a bit tough. I think it weighs 100 to 120. I was able to unscrew the main frame and the the back portion still weighs a ton. It mounts on 16 inch on center studs and has 3 each side. Used 1/2 inch by 3 1/2 lag screws and this thing doesn't move at all. My wife does tell me it is a very good alarm clock when I hit it at 5 a.m.

Here are a few pics. Absolutely love this thing. Like I said I am not very experienced but really like it. It is possible to change Swivels out but I think I will stick to my ball hook on my Rogue and keep Jeff's Swivel on the First Rate Boxing Platform. I have only used a few swivels but this one is lightning fast. Bags I have used are the Balazs large (great bag to learn some of Alan's stuff) I have a small title and really small title, a Cleto Reyes Large, and Everlast kangaroo medium. All work really well. The only bag I have that doesn't seem to work very well on any platform is the Winning synthetic bag... Anyway here as some pics.
    Nice looking setup. Is that wall plate set for 16 inch centers so screws into wall studs?

is that a 24 or 30 inch board diameter?

I can't get any pictures to come up on their site...

Last edited by Speedbag; 05-10-2018, 11:07 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• DocRock
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Apr 2018

Yes. I used 1/2 inch by 3 1/2 lag screws. Extremely solid.
      “My success is not about wealth and fame. I am most concerned with my relationship to God, which is the most important.” – Manny Pacquiao

“With God, hard work and focus I can accomplish what is ahead of me.” – Manny Pacquiao

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by DocRock View Post
        Yes. I used 1/2 inch by 3 1/2 lag screws. Extremely solid.
        All into studs? or just wall anchors..
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• DocRock
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Apr 2018

Just into the studs. Pretty easy install once you get your height and make sure your level. I was a bit surprised how Rock solid it is. It’s so heavy I wasn’t sure 6 hex wood screws even at 1/2 inch by 3 1/2 could hold such a heavy platform. But it doesn’t move at all.
          Last edited by DocRock; 05-12-2018, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

You're the first one here to own one of these. Thanks for the review. Great looking unit.

Comment

• DocRock
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Apr 2018

A few more pics of my unit and a buddy who put his between his garage doors and has a nice setup. the plate is actually 18inches by 18inches and the amount of adjustment you have is about 6 inches. So for my wife and me it works great as well as adjusting for small, medium, large bags for me. I can't put the massive Title bag on it as it over hangs but I haven't found a platform I can put that bag on that it doesn't over hang. The big title I have is 10x12 and both my rogue and this platform are 25 inch wood diameter. But after hitting it for a week and going through Alan's course of DVD's my only comparison is my Rogue Rig Platform which is extremely solid. I can't say enough positive things about it. I am sure price will deter most people but I wanted to buy a platform that will last me my entire life. This things is Rock solid and has ZERO vibration. Also Jeff is absolutely perfect to deal with. I spoke with him over and over again before I ever bought it. He answered all my questions and they make a super product. For 1K I expected that. Usually when you spend that kind of money you might feel like you should get more. This thing is worth every penny.
              Attached Files

Comment

• DocRock
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Apr 2018

http://www.lifeisanecho.com/the-best...april-25-2018/[URL="http://http://www.lifeisanecho.com/the-best-speed-bag-platform-period-april-25-2018/"]

Here is a link when Jeff and Freddy Roach started out on kick starter years ago. I do a daily Video Blog and post something everyday. This was the post a few weeks bag with the video when they introduced this years ago.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...