Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Reviews

Reviews Post reviews of equipment, books, DVDs, etc. here

Old 05-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Speed Bag Guru

ebozyn is on a distinguished road
A-51 addict

Yesterday i put an everlast plastic based swivel on my board, just to remind myself of what they feel like. ( i used to really like the plastic everlast, still do a tiny bit, because i cut my teeth on them) only to find myself reinstalling the Deville A-51 back on my board this early this morning. I'm addicted to the sound and feel of the Deville Swivs.

I even tried putting the guts from different swivels into the deville A-51. I also tried putting the guts from the Deville into other swivel bases, but nothing i have compares to the real deal, genuine article. hehe

For one thing i just can't do spins the way i like to do them with most other swivels.

another thing i've noticed, has to do with the ball, eyelet, and s-hook set-up. the slightly thinner eyelet of the Deville allows more travel in the ball joint, than with the thicker eyelets. i just notice how much better this added travel adds to the overall performance to the Deville Swivels.

And to do with the link between the eyelet, and s-hook. I believe the fact that these two parts are slightly thinner also helps make the click-itty sound of these swivels so appealing to me. That, and the solid chunky white poly base, just makes for music to my ears.

On the everlast plastic, the base isn't as solid, the result is a more hollow, tinny, and just cheaper tone. That along with the thicker eyelets and s-hooks of the everlast plastic swivs, just doesn't have the tone of the deville. even when i put the Deville guts into the everlast plastic base, the tone is not there because of the lack of solidity of the everlast base.

I don't want to be a hopelessly addicted to these swivs, but i am.

Bag on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Deville A-51.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	2741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Evelast Plastic base n ball.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	2742  
Old 05-04-2012, 11:27 AM

MsDeville is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up :-)

Now this is the kind of thread I like to read in the morning with my coffee and pancakes!

Keep on baggin'!
Attached Images

Contact me anytime for Deville Swivel information: Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
Old 05-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Great post,Ebo.

the Deville Swivel is DDDDDD lightful. no doubt about it!

Best innovation in years. Who would have thunk it!

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. V ! The Quest Continues... 2014 at the NEW Real Gymm in Keyport, NJ

The Art of the Bag
Old 05-11-2012, 01:35 AM

Niki Knuckles is on a distinguished road
i want to try one