X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • florian 380
    • Nov 2012

new ball hook swivel

got my new swivel today in the mail cleaned it up and noticed that it is not the same like my other one then i found pictures of this swivel in the first pic and the ball-hook and the part where the ball is in is exactlly the same ???
    ALAN OR DUTCHMAN ??? thank u
    Attached Files
    Last edited by florian 380; 11-03-2013, 09:07 AM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hey Florian, I'm not exactly sure what your question is. The part the ball is in is usually called the housing, and on most everlast swivels they would be interchangeable. in the above picture with the bolts coming through, the housing looks worn down around the edges where the shaft or "S" hits. It also looks like it may not be the original, or cleaner than the rest of the base. notice in the pic on the top far right the pattern on the housing edges are different, one being kind of diamond shaped and one being grooved like gear teeth. Clearly swivel housing from different era's.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 11-03-2013, 11:01 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• florian 380
      • Nov 2012

yes thats what i mean the housing is not the original, either the ball/hook but it looks to 100% the same like the swivel ( housing & ballhook ) in the pic below
      Attached Files
      Last edited by florian 380; 11-04-2013, 03:06 AM.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

I agree with Alan, it's clearly been assembled with a newer parts somewhere in it's life. It's not an uncommon occurance, as the male have takes the brunt of the wear.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by florian 380 View Post
          yes thats what i mean the housing is not the original, either the ball/hook but it looks to 100% the same like the swivel ( housing & ballhook ) in the pic below
          Yes, it is that exact swivel, A standard Everlast Ballhook Swivel.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...