• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Title Black: What's So Great About It?

Since I started bagging I've heard/read nothing but GREAT things about the Title Black Speed Bag. I don't have one but I am somewhat intrigued to say the least. Can somebody please tell me how these bags respond as compared to (bag X) before I dive in for $100. I've gotta know!

Any feedback on this is appreciated.
    Last edited by BagBoy; 12-27-2018, 11:58 PM. Reason: Black bags
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

I don't have one, but be sure to wait for a 25% off day, like today.
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Cazbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2018

Title Black

The leather is really nice. Probably the softest, easiest on the hands of all my bags. I got it for Fathers day 2017 and it is in excellent condition except threads came undone at bottom. That is my fault as I got too rough removing original bladder and ripped out the glue circle thingy, and had it repaired/stitched up. The shape is what alot like as well as it is a VERY fat bottomed girl. Suppose to be 8x5 but more like 8plusX6plusplus. It has a light presence when hitting so it responds like the other Titles except Perlious but it can be drove to fast speed. I dont have an Ali bag but in my head I figured they might be similar perhaps?
      In short I would getit again and was gonna do next vid with it any how.

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Caz, can you measure the circumference of the Title Black with a cloth tape measure or string at the widest point?
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
          Since I started bagging I've heard/read nothing but GREAT things about the Title Black Speed Bag. I don't have one but I am somewhat intrigued to say the least. Can somebody please tell me how these bags respond as compared to (bag X) before I dive in for $100. I've gotta know!

Any feedback on this is appreciated.

Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
          The leather is really nice. Probably the softest, easiest on the hands of all my bags. I got it for Fathers day 2017 and it is in excellent condition except threads came undone at bottom. That is my fault as I got too rough removing original bladder and ripped out the glue circle thingy, and had it repaired/stitched up. The shape is what alot like as well as it is a VERY fat bottomed girl. Suppose to be 8x5 but more like 8plusX6plusplus. It has a light presence when hitting so it responds like the other Titles except Perlious but it can be drove to fast speed. I dont have an Ali bag but in my head I figured they might be similar perhaps?
          In short I would get it again and was gonna do next vid with it any how.
          Everything he said and also I like the different textured panels, one kind of shiny leather and the other soft. Both take the hands well, even when pushed to a bit over-inflation. I like the feel and the action on all swivels I hung it on. Here are a few comparison pics....
          Attached Files
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

Well, damn, guys. Now I want one.
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2018

Big thanks, guys. I think I'm sold! Going to pick up a 6"

In the pictures you posted Alan, the black looks to be shaped like my Ali Authentic bags which btw have become my favorites. Can't say enough about them.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                Well, damn, guys. Now I want one.
                I think you'll like it on the ARC.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Cazbag
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2018

Caz, can you measure the circumference of the Title Black with a cloth tape measure or string at the widest point?
                  Just shy of 20" Rusto, and the Arc loves this bag as well!

Comment

• rdshackleford
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
                    Just shy of 20" Rusto, and the Arc loves this bag as well!
                    Sorry if I am being a nerd here, but that makes the the diameter roughly 6 1/4"
                    @ArcSwivel
                    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Cazbag
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2018

Sorry if I am being a nerd here, but that makes the the diameter roughly 6 1/4"
                      Well I guess I said 6plus plus..... So a "plus" is equal to .125" in this instance.

Comment

• BagBoy
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2018

It was delivered today, slight abnormal shape as it is a tad more bulbus? on one side over the other. That said it reacts like it should but it has a very small and tight loop, with a little Vaseline I worked it on to the arc. The loop will adjust over time.

I have an extra enkay bladder as well as an everlast bladder and I am toying with installing one of those.. Anybody replaced the bladder from the black? It's hitting fine and I really like it but I am curious about the bladder swap.
                        Last edited by BagBoy; 01-09-2019, 10:01 PM. Reason: Zpelling mistake

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
                          It was delivered today, slight abnormal shape as it is a tad more bulbus? on one side over the other. That said it reacts like it should but it has a very small and tight loop, with a little Vaseline I worked it on to the arc. The loop will adjust over time.

I have an extra enkay bladder as well as an everlast bladder and I am toying with installing one of those.. Anybody replaced the bladder from the black? It's hitting fine and I really like it but I am curious about the bladder swap.
                          They often are misshapen. Most of mine have been. They'll punch out fine.

I've never changed out bladders in one. I dont endorse changing out new bladders in a new bag. Some people do it but I've never had the need.
                          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Cazbag
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Sep 2018

Enkay bladder swap

I swapped mine to an enkay about 6 months after receiving due to the valve leaking. It was definitely an improvement but I think it was my first attempt at replacing and I tore the glue/valve circle out. That lead to the welting coming undone and panels separating. Luckily my mother was able to salvage it for me and it is still holding up. Out of the bags that I have had the longest the leather on this one has held up the best. It is a great bag for sure.

Comment

• BagBoy
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Jan 2018

Cazbag, when you got your black for fathers day do you remember the tag having an S or an XS?
                              Last edited by BagBoy; 01-13-2019, 04:51 AM.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...