Why don't you charge money for the online workout timer?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Question Why don't you charge money for the online workout timer?

I develop and maintain the online workout timer in my spare time as a free service to fitness enthusiasts, boxing students, and martial arts practicioners.

If you find the timer useful, I appreciate receiving PMs, posts, or e-mails letting me know that you like it, and what you use it for. If you use it in a gym (professional, community, or garage) I'd love to see a picture and tell me the name of your gym (I want to build a gallery of various gyms and individuals that use the timer).

I do not charge for the timer, however, I do accept donations.

Currently donations will be used for the following planned purposes:

1. Buying a copy of Windows Vista so I can better investigate reports of problems with Vista.
    2. Hiring a web page designer/graphic artist to assist with making it look a bit more pleasing
    3. Better cross platform support (beyond IE, FireFox, Safari)
    Last edited by Tim; 12-12-2008, 07:38 PM.
  • Clint
    • Apr 2007

Tim, your timer is awesome. I have the Everlast timer but I busted it on the first day and it was too quiet to hear it anyways.

Clint

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Clint View Post
      Tim, your timer is awesome.
      Glad to hear it works for you.

Comment

• LaxDude08
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Clint View Post
        Tim, your timer is awesome.
        I second that. Its really easy to save setups and reload them rather than having to change everything anytime you use it the next time.

Comment

• Eugene R. Allen
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Aug 2007

Your timer rocks

I am a CrossFit affiliate (CrossFit Pierce County) and part of the larger CrossFit community. On our message board someone asked about timers and someone put up a link to your timer. I followed the link, downloaded the timer and fussed with it for just a few seconds and set it up to do the Tabata protocol, bag rounds and simplist of all a large face stop watch timer that we can see from across the gym.

You've got some big CrossFit fans of this great timer and some seriously good kharma coming your way from all over the CrossFit world. Thank you for your generosity and a wonderful product/service for the exercise community.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Eugene R. Allen View Post
            I am a CrossFit affiliate (CrossFit Pierce County) and part of the larger CrossFit community.
            Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate hearing that you've found it useful. I'm going to try that CrossFit stuff some day...

Comment

• JVE1812
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Sep 2007

Thanks

Tim,

Excellent tool. It can be tailored to fit my needs very easily. I use it in my martial arts classes and kettlebell classes as well as my own personal training. It is much easier than messing with a stopwatch or anything else I have used. For my own use I would like to offer a suggestion that would make it easier to read for me at distance and that would be to have the ability to have the font color for the round be something other than the colors for the round, rest or warning. I feel guilty even suggesting it as you offer this at no cost and won't even accept a donation. It is rare to find someone willing to offer something of value to others for free and I can only hope you derive enjoyment/satisfaction knowing you have improved the training of many of us with your generosity and knowledge.

Greatly appreciated,
              Joe

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by JVE1812 View Post
                ...For my own use I would like to offer a suggestion that would make it easier to read for me at distance and that would be to have the ability to have the font color for the round be something other than the colors for the round, rest or warning.
                Is there a particular color you had in mind or the ability to pick the color? That should be pretty easy to do...

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by JVE1812 View Post
                  For my own use I would like to offer a suggestion that would make it easier to read for me at distance and that would be to have the ability to have the font color for the round be something other than the colors for the round, rest or warning.
                  The newest version does this... see here:
                  Announcements, Q&amp;A, and technical support for the <a href="http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer.html">online workout timer</a>, a free timer for martial arts, boxing, speed bag, tabata, crossfit and many other things requiring a timer!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...