*attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• reggabdeeps
      • Jun 2011

what does the book offer that the 2 hour vid does not? i like the visual and concerned i would not get the techniques from the book.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by reggabdeeps View Post
        what does the book offer that the 2 hour vid does not? i like the visual and concerned i would not get the techniques from the book.
        Basically the Book has more detail about certain topics AND the System for writing down combinations. I wrote the book to be like sheet music under the board, with a system of writing speed bag practice combinations. AS you learn the techniques and the abbreviated symbols (like sheet music), you can read the practice combinations and reproduce the same movements over and over. This also allows YOU to write down YOUR speed bag progress and combinations, so you don't have to try and remember what you did 3 or 4 days later. Musicians/composers write down what they create on their instrument, so they can remember and reproduce it again, and so that others can reproduce it also. You don't really get that from a Video. Even when someone explains it on the video, and you watch intently, it is often hard to remember exactly what they did or how they did it many days later when the video is NOT under the board with you. And video systems have time constraints that can limit your presentation. Books do not have a time constraint and can allow a teacher to go into more detail when needed.

But - that was back in the day when portable and person video via Cell phone, tablets, wireless etc. did not exist. I suppose now someone could easily just re-watch a teaching clip over and over under the board on their phone to see and hear it again. However, that still does not allow you to write down your own combinations.

Hope that helps.
        Last edited by Speedbag; 08-06-2011, 01:25 AM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Bluehinder
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Feb 2012

Also sent a pm to buy the set.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Bluehinder View Post
            Also sent a pm to buy the set.
            Got it, Thanks.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Bluehinder
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Got it, Thanks.
              Sent.

Comment

• MMurphy162
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Feb 2012

Is the bible and DVD still available? Pardon me but I can't seem to find the order process.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MMurphy162 View Post
                  Is the bible and DVD still available? Pardon me but I can't seem to find the order process.
                  Hi MMurphy162, Yes, just send me a Personal Message (PM) through the forum contact menu's.

thanks.
                  Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BrandonTheRaven
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Apr 2012

Just recieved the bible

So i bought my first copy of the speed bag bible from amazon.
                    Mainly because i basically got it for free with points/credit But it wont be my last. I recently found out my younger cousin is interested in getting into the sport of Boxing/MMA so i think for a gift (whenever i get my speedbag gym setup complete) im going to give him my current 2-n-1 everlast standing bag, a standard heavy bag and a decent speedbag, alongside my current copy of the bible. So i have a reason to buy my next copy personally from Mr. SpeedBagKahn.

P.S. Loving the Book so far from what ive read and skimmed through.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BrandonTheRaven View Post
                      So i bought my first copy of the speed bag bible from amazon.
                      Mainly because i basically got it for free with points/credit But it wont be my last. I recently found out my younger cousin is interested in getting into the sport of Boxing/MMA so i think for a gift (whenever i get my speedbag gym setup complete) im going to give him my current 2-n-1 everlast standing bag, a standard heavy bag and a decent speedbag, alongside my current copy of the bible. So i have a reason to buy my next copy personally from Mr. SpeedBagKahn.

P.S. Loving the Book so far from what ive read and skimmed through.
                      Glad to hear that. The plot is kinda dull but if you hang in there it's got a great ending...
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BrandonTheRaven
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                        Glad to hear that. The plot is kinda dull but if you hang in there it's got a great ending...
                        A great ending you say, Well i say "Ending.. ending" "We dont need no stinking ending" If i do say your book has a new journey/beginning for an ending. I really have to give a big BIG THANK YOU to you. You have provided the metaphorical keys to the ferrari through your condensed knowledge.

Thank You Alan for your time and expertise
                        B. Raven

Comment

• ex-op
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Jul 2012

I just ordered the four disc set.

Comment

• chippy
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Jul 2012

Sent a PM to get started, I havnt even hit a speed ball, ever, so i am not sure how i'll will do, but i'll have a go

cheers
                            chippy (from Oz)

Comment

• swebag
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Nov 2012

Hi,

I'm completely new to this sport. Before discovering this forum, I thought speed bag training was merely a tool for boxers to improve their hand-eye coordination but after having reviewed some of the threads and watched some of the forum members a.k.a. speed bag wizards on youtube, I must say: WOW, I guess it's a sport in itself

I have ordered a kit from Titleboxing along with the Speed bag bible DVD. Unfortunately, at that time I didn't know about that nice deal but hey, I guess that after I get totally hooked I will need the additional 4 DVDs anyway

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out getting one of the ball hook swivels that has been highly recommended on this forum, like the Evil Swivel or the Boxing Gear's all metal swivel?

Highly appreciated!

Will from Sweden

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by swebag View Post
                                Hi,

I'm completely new to this sport. Before discovering this forum, I thought speed bag training was merely a tool for boxers to improve their hand-eye coordination but after having reviewed some of the threads and watched some of the forum members a.k.a. speed bag wizards on youtube, I must say: WOW, I guess it's a sport in itself

I have ordered a kit from Titleboxing along with the Speed bag bible DVD. Unfortunately, at that time I didn't know about that nice deal but hey, I guess that after I get totally hooked I will need the additional 4 DVDs anyway

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out getting one of the ball hook swivels that has been highly recommended on this forum, like the Evil Swivel or the Boxing Gear's all metal swivel?

Highly appreciated!

Will from Sweden
                                Hello Will and welcome to the forum. We have several baggers in Sweden.
                                Concerning the four DVD set - Maybe this outline will help you understand.

The Four DVD set:

DVD-1: Equipment and Seven basic fist punching techniques, Four punches from the front of the bag, three punches from behind bag (called Reverse Punching) and linking from the front and back. “Linking” refers to passing the fist(s) through the bag to hit from the other side. 2-hrs long

DVD-2: Review DVD-1 techniques, then Twelve Elbow Striking Techniques and how to mix them with the previous seven techniques. (* includes the Side-Triple Elbow Strike) 2-hrs long

DVD-3: Review DVD-1,2 techniques then *six techniques from the Side of the bag and how to mix them with the previous. (* covers the Side-Triple ES in more detail). 2-hrs long

DVD-4: Review DVD-1,2,3 techniques. Then covers the advanced punching combination topics from chapter 10 and 11 of the book. 1hr 40minutes long

All video’s have slo-motion segments with voice over as well as Punch Drumming (hitting to music) in the open and close.
                                ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you already have the single (comprehensive) 2 hr DVD then all you would really need is DVD-4 of the four disc set, which covers some of the "advanced combinations" topics in chapters 10 and 11 of the book. Much of that info is NOT in the Single DVD version due to time. The four DVD set allowed each topic to be explored with a bit more detail and show a few more combinations that are possible (when relevant). That is important in more complex topics like Side Punching. for instance DVD 3 (Side techniques) allowed 2 hours on that topic, which is fairly complex, instead of 20-25 minutes on the single video version.

But the only NEW information from the version you have are the advanced topics on DVD-4. Many people have done well with the single DVD version like you have, then later get DVD-4 "advanced combinations" if their skill and interest goes to that level. That DVD is also available via PM to me.

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                                ...hi will, and welcome to the forum. the only ball&hook swivel that i know of that you can get right now is from member (msdeville) it's a plastic base housing with a brass ball and metal eye and S-hook. you can order one from her and she can send one off to you. ps everyone here likes her swivels. ;-)...ralph
                                She also mails internationally. The newest Deville swivel is amazing and ventanakaz is correct, everyone loves it.
                                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...