X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SupergeZ
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2007

genius! your gona have fun talking with hispanicinapanic! man after your own heart.

i really like the weight plate ideas, really cheap and do the job aswell as any shop bought ones. really great work man, inspiring

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
      • May 2007

Brittish Macgyver

Wow that's a cool weight machine Mr Crownshep! I have a universal gym as well, but nowhere near as nice as your titan. Mine has the three stations to work arms, legs, and torso. I admire how you put scrap metal to use, I do something similar with boxing equipment. Across the pond engineering?

Comment

• Crownshep
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jun 2007

I like the sound of that "across the pond engineering",i`ll show you what i made from some scrap that was used to hold gas cannissters,i bought it back to my work unit,cleaned the rust off and made a dumbell rack.If you notice the thick bolts sticking out the top of the steel tubes,well i had those welded to the end to hold the weight plates.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Crownshep
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jun 2007

Then i found some 1 inch thick rubber,so i drilled it and bolted it along the bottom,welded some steel across the middle for the dumbells to rest on.
          Attached Files

Comment

• SupergeZ
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2007

do you workout at work then buddy? coz seems like you have all your equip there.

Comment

• Crownshep
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jun 2007

Then to top it off,the holes on the side where the chains were,that held the gas cylinders in place,i welded two steel bars into the hole,then welded some steel across the bars at the top,......and fixed a speedball platform to it.Thats kind of how i`ve ended up on this site.I put a chain on the top steel bracket and hooked it over on the opposite side to take a lot of vibration away,it works pretty good.You can see the set up in the right hand corner.I also put my olympic bar in the front racks,and rest the heavy bag on it,and use that for uppercuts.The double end bag is attached on the pec deck at the top,and the sliding bench at the bottom.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Crownshep
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by SupergeZ View Post
                do you workout at work then buddy? coz seems like you have all your equip there.

Thats the reason i bought the gym, i work away from home a lot so i either train at 5 in the morning before i go to work,or if i have a day off i go in then.At the moment i`m house hunting,so when i get a new house sorted with a big enough garage i`ll move it in there.

Comment

• SupergeZ
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Mar 2007

ah right, well it is a stunning setup you have! i bet you absolutely love using it!

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                    • May 2007

Yeah, it also sounds like you have herculian strength! Those dumbbells scare me...

Comment

• Crownshep
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
                      Yeah, it also sounds like you have herculian strength! Those dumbbells scare me...
                      The biggest are 120s,i`m gaining back some size and strength after a years lay off,but when i was younger and used to compete in bodybuilding my best lifts were a 440 on the bench for a single,and a 600 squat for 3 reps.I`ll be 44 next month,and because of muscle memory everything is coming back quick,and who knows,i might decide to get back up stage again.Here`s a few pics from the British Championships back in 93.

I found a decent sized spring on a building site i worked on the other day,i`ll see if i can get some pics,and maybe you guys can give me a few suggestions as to how best utilize it.

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                        • May 2007

Quite the Adonis... You were a tank homey! you're probably still pretty strong, if your benching in the 400's. Any suggestions for a boxer with chicken legs on how to maximize calf strength? I've tried calf raises, and I play basketball and jump rope...

Comment

• Crownshep
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Jun 2007

One of the best calf exercises you can do is one you can do at home.All you need is stairs.Hold onto the bannister with one hand,and do one legged calf raises on the stairs,all the way down,have a good stretch in the bottom position,and come up slowly,as high as you can on your BIG TOE.Most people do calf raises by raising up on the outer toes,you need to raise up on the big toe as high as you can.You will be pushed to get 15-20 reps with just your bodyweight.While you then change over legs,the first calf is getting a rest,so you can just keep alternating your feet,left then right,then left until you are pumped and your calves are on fire.Also like you said,skipping is a great calf pumper.

Comment

• Crownshep
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Jun 2007

Plus,Hispanic,if i remember right from watching your videos you have children,well what better fun for the kids to sit on your back,while you bend over at the waist to do donkey calf raises,just lean against the wall for support,let the kids jump onto your hips/lower back,and do calf raises at home.

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                              • May 2007

Thanks alot mate! I'll implement that into my workouts and keep you posted on results...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...