Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > History

Supporter Links & Advertisements

History Discuss all aspects of bag punching history here.

Old 10-06-2017, 04:11 PM
Speed Bag Guru

paranday is on a distinguished road
Everlast 4215 silver

Dutch, what is this, what era?

Old 10-07-2017, 08:48 AM
Speed Bag Guru

REB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranday View Post
Dutch, what is this, what era?

I am tailgating paranday's thread with a two-fer for Dutchman. You have anything on this Joe Louis autograph bag? Not for the autograph per say, but the maker. It is a 12.5 incher- leather and vintage. Which I like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg J louis.jpg (5.1 KB, 44 views)
Old 10-07-2017, 10:11 AM
Speed Bag Historian

Dutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud of
Okay, first off , Paranday, this is part of a limited edition kit offered by Everlast during their 75th Anniversary (1985).

REB, Joe Louis had an endorsement deal with Sears, which as far as I can tell was during the late 1950's, early 1960's. This bag shows all the characteristics of a Sears/J.C. Higgens bag.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Speed Bag Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
Okay, first off , Paranday, this is part of a limited edition kit offered by Everlast during their 75th Anniversary (1985).

REB, Joe Louis had an endorsement deal with Sears, which as far as I can tell was during the late 1950's, early 1960's. This bag shows all the characteristics of a Sears/J.C. Higgens bag.
Appreciated Dutchman
Old 10-08-2017, 12:14 AM
Speed Bag Guru

ventanakaz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by REB View Post
I am tailgating paranday's thread with a two-fer for Dutchman. You have anything on this Joe Louis autograph bag? Not for the autograph per say, but the maker. It is a 12.5 incher- leather and vintage. Which I like.
...I seen that too, are you gonna bid on it, BTW there is a Everlast 4213 selling on there for 20 plus 4 for shipping, if you don't have one of these bags I would say, get one. You seem like a few of us on here that like the bigger bags
Old 10-08-2017, 06:11 AM
Speed Bag Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventanakaz View Post
...I seen that too, are you gonna bid on it, BTW there is a Everlast 4213 selling on there for 20 plus 4 for shipping, if you don't have one of these bags I would say, get one. You seem like a few of us on here that like the bigger bags
It is not on my want list Ralph. But I did ask the seller if he could post some pics of it with air in it. There seems to be some surface cracking around the Louis name I would like to verify. I do happen to have a 4213 I purchased from a board member. here is a hint...his initials are Ralph . I punch on it a lot. Great bag

Last edited by REB; 10-08-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:13 AM
Speed Bag Guru

Ralph...
Here is an update on the Joe Louis bag. I asked the seller to air it up and post some new pics of the bag. He sent me an email this morning stating that he would do that. And when he did.... R-i-i-i-i-p went some of the seams. The leather pulled away from the seams....it definitely is "Wall Art" now. I thanked him an wished him well.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:38 PM
Speed Bag Guru

ventanakaz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by REB View Post
It is not on my want list Ralph. But I did ask the seller if he could post some pics of it with air in it. There seems to be some surface cracking around the Louis name I would like to verify. I do happen to have a 4213 I purchased from a board member. here is a hint...his initials are Ralph . I punch on it a lot. Great bag
... Whoops, I forgot. I have sold more than a few speed bags and swivels to many members that I can't keep track, and it looks like i'll be selling some more speed bags and swivels soon, I just sell stuff that I stop using. I'm not the type to just have speed bags or swivels that I know I won't actually use hanging around
Old 10-10-2017, 01:54 PM
Speed Bag Guru

According to information given to me by EverLast, the model 4215 was the beginning of using the Everhide for speed bags. I thought maybe this silver 4215 was not leather. I asked the EverlLast rep that maybe this silver anniversary could be leather??.. ( I can't really determine from the pic. Unless someone has a detail to look for to determine one way or the other ). EverlLast said no, it was not leather.. Any argument?
Old 10-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Speed Bag Historian

Dutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud of
Not from me. The 4215 and later the 4216 were the bags that were part of the striking bag kits that were sold primarily by the big sporting goods chains.