• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Title Atomic Speedbag size S

It's always exciting getting a new Speedbag. For a lot of new bags, the excitement ends very soon after putting it on the swivel and giving it a try. Usually it takes a bladder upgrade to rekindle that excitement. Well, let me tell you that this atomic bag size S is the best bag straight out of the package. I knew it would be an awesome bag even before I put it on the swivel due to the nature of the loop: short and rigid instead of long and soft. I heard that the atomic bag was fast, and boy is it fast - faster than my 4204 with an orange bladder upgrade. I also read that the atomic bag is a featherweight, like hitting air. That's why I ordered size S 8x6. Fast, and it actually feels like I'm hitting a lot more than just air. I would love to see this bag in a size 10 x 7! That would rock for sure. If you're thinking about getting the atomic bag, quit thinking and do it. You won't be sorry. I recommend size S if you are not a big fan of the "punching air" feeling.
  • jaja6009
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by riqal View Post
    It's always exciting getting a new Speedbag. For a lot of new bags, the excitement ends very soon after putting it on the swivel and giving it a try. Usually it takes a bladder upgrade to rekindle that excitement. Well, let me tell you that this atomic bag size S is the best bag straight out of the package. I knew it would be an awesome bag even before I put it on the swivel due to the nature of the loop: short and rigid instead of long and soft. I heard that the atomic bag was fast, and boy is it fast - faster than my 4204 with an orange bladder upgrade. I also read that the atomic bag is a featherweight, like hitting air. That's why I ordered size S 8x6. Fast, and it actually feels like I'm hitting a lot more than just air. I would love to see this bag in a size 10 x 7! That would rock for sure. If you're thinking about getting the atomic bag, quit thinking and do it. You won't be sorry. I recommend size S if you are not a big fan of the "punching air" feeling.

I have this bag on my to do list, but I don't see me getting it anytime soon.

How does it feel? Is it leather or something else? It is definitely a unique looking bag. Title really does make, and sell a wide range of speed bags. They got something for everybody. Heavy, light, fat, banana.

And so I guess the Atomic did not need a new bladder? I have put an ornage bladder in every Title bag I have to wake it up, and the Fighting Sports one too.

Comment

• florian 380
      • Nov 2012

Cool !!! Since when is the size small available ?? didnt know that
      looking forward to get one

Comment

• riqal
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2006

The website says it's leather. It's feels great. It's got a shiny, glossy look. I think the reason it is so fast is because the leather is thin and lighter than what you have with other bags. It's pretty lightweight, but not too light to the point of that "punching air" feeling. I'm glad I got the size S and not the XS or the XXS. I think I would have been disappointed with the smaller sizes. I have it on a U-bolt. I know most of you guys use the ballhook, so that might give you a different experience in terms of how fast this bag is.
        Last edited by riqal; 06-22-2017, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• florian 380
          • Nov 2012

Can u please post a pic of the size small

Comment

• riqal
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by florian 380 View Post
            Can u please post a pic of the size small

Here is the atomic size small, advertised as an 8x6, on the left. For the sake of comparison, I've included two familiar bags, title 8x5 and title gyro 8x5, both size small. The atomic is actually a little fatter than the two other bags.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0140.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	474.4 KB
ID:	91410

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Last edited by riqal; 09-02-2017, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• jaja6009
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2016

I really like the shape of that bag. She's a looker for sure. The video of Mat annihilating one at an old Gathering is a classic. Too many bags I want, and not enough cash.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

Riqal, is that the atomic I bought from you? Its a nice bag for sure.

The first thing I noticed was it can be very "jumpy". By that I mean you go along hitting like crazy and if you are off by a micron, the atomic rebounds to the side even more so.

For me, I think the rebound behavior is a combination of the bag surface being smooth and grippy, and my platform being lacquered and therefore also smooth and grippy. Every time I hit with some spin on the bag, it reacts in an elastic manner and rebounds the other way. Meaning the rebound is influenced by the spin of the bag moreso than the angle of the hit.

-Rusty
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
                  I really like the shape of that bag. She's a looker for sure. The video of Mat annihilating one at an old Gathering is a classic. Too many bags I want, and not enough cash.
                  FYI... Matt was hitting an XS Atomic, that's the one that's like hitting air. SUPER fast bag!
                  Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                  http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• riqal
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                    Riqal, is that the atomic I bought from you? Its a nice bag for sure.

The first thing I noticed was it can be very "jumpy". By that I mean you go along hitting like crazy and if you are off by a micron, the atomic rebounds to the side even more so.

For me, I think the rebound behavior is a combination of the bag surface being smooth and grippy, and my platform being lacquered and therefore also smooth and grippy. Every time I hit with some spin on the bag, it reacts in an elastic manner and rebounds the other way. Meaning the rebound is influenced by the spin of the bag moreso than the angle of the hit.

-Rusty
                    Yes, that is the bag I sold you. It worked best for me on the ringside super swivel. I hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...