• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • liljawn
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2017

New build having some trouble

I just got my new set up hung in my shop and really am loving it. I am having some trouble with the swivel though and could use some help. Here are a few pics of what I have got.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like CosmicGlory.

My platform is working great but my swivel has already broke.
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like CosmicGlory.

TITLE Boxing Deluxe Pro Swivel

That is the swivel I picked up hard to tell from my picture but that nut fully cracked and it wiggles like crazy and is just awful with this smaller bag. I used a plastic everlast swivel for ever with a medium title black bag. Now with this new set up I have really been ramping up my speed and skill. I purchased a Cleto Reyes XS speed bag it just came in and is not that hard to hit on with broken TITLE swivel. It definitely is a problem and I need to replace it. (

I emailed Deville Swivel I don't know if they still sell those or not but that is one I have read the most about on the forums.

Also looking at:

and

I would prefer not to go with another U bolt set up after this. Any tips or points in the right direction is appreciated. Just looking to move up in skill and have a nicer set up and add some bags to the collection.

Thanks,
    Last edited by liljawn; 11-05-2017, 06:57 PM. Reason: Spelling
  • REB
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by liljawn View Post
    I just got my new set up hung in my shop and really am loving it. I am having some trouble with the swivel though and could use some help. Here are a few pics of what I have got.

My platform is working great but my swivel has already broke.

TITLE Boxing Deluxe Pro Swivel

That is the swivel I picked up hard to tell from my picture but that nut fully cracked and it wiggles like crazy and is just awful with this smaller bag. I used a plastic everlast swivel for ever with a medium title black bag. Now with this new set up I have really been ramping up my speed and skill. I purchased a Cleto Reyes XS speed bag it just came in and is not that hard to hit on with broken TITLE swivel. It definitely is a problem and I need to replace it. (

I emailed Deville Swivel I don't know if they still sell those or not but that is one I have read the most about on the forums.

Also looking at:

and

I would prefer not to go with another U bolt set up after this. Any tips or points in the right direction is appreciated. Just looking to move up in skill and have a nicer set up and add some bags to the collection.

Thanks,
    I have both of those swivels. Both are high quality. The base on the speed shack swivel is smaller in diameter and the hook hangs about a 1 1/8 inch shorter than the fitness equipment swivel when hung side by side.

speedshack is 2 piece. The fitness swivel is a 3 piece set up.

The speedshack uses a brass ball-tapped and threaded for the hook
    The fitness swivel has a steel ball-tapped and threaded.

It was suggested here in a thread to Fitness- Equipment to shorten the hook. I believe fitness responded positively that the hook will be shortened but I do not know if they did.

Go to Forza on ebay. The swivel has free shipping there...
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Forza Sports Evolution Speed Bag Swivel - FREESHIP at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
    Last edited by REB; 11-06-2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• JoMan
      • Nov 2016

I was looking into getting one of those Forza swivels as an upgrade from my Everlast plastic base that I modified with a brass speedball.

Is the Forza a fast swivel? In my recent research it appears to be the best that O can find available, is that correct?

Comment

• REB
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by JoMan View Post
        I was looking into getting one of those Forza swivels as an upgrade from my Everlast plastic base that I modified with a brass speedball.

Is the Forza a fast swivel? In my recent research it appears to be the best that O can find available, is that correct?
        It is fast! It is built just the same as the SwivelTek. The difference being that the swivel now has Forza Sports name stamped to it instead of SwivelTek's name. Maybe speedshack has a deal with Forza...I really dunno

I am a Ubolt swivel user. These swivels mentioned are too fast for me. If I did go back to a ball & hook, it would be the SwivelTek/Forza one. However, the brass ball in the Forza swivel does make a minor swooshing type sound when in use. Not real loud or bothersome though
        Last edited by REB; 11-06-2017, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• liljawn
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Nov 2017

I ordered the swiveltech / Forza over the fitness swivel. From all of my searching on this forum and the web the swiveltech / Forza is the best available at the moment. I'll post and update of what I think of it. I have used the old plastic Everlast for a couple years and spent about a month with Title U blot set up. Half way through that month it broke still functions just now its not smooth at all needed a lot of control to get fluid speed. Once you get going its fine even with the XS Cleto Reyes.

Im going to take note of the fitness swivel it just seemed like from looking at them the Forza with the delrin and brass ball would be faster.

Comment

• baggeric
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Oct 2017

Forza swivel

I have several swivels and I use the Forza but the delron ring actually makes it quieter but slightly slower. If you want speed get yourself a chain link. It's harder to change bags but its really fast if it is a quality one. A good compromise is the ballhook with a steel ball. Noisy but faster than the Forza. I have several. If you want one I will send you one. I think the deville is also still available but the hook on the deville is small and won't take all bags.
            Last edited by baggeric; 11-06-2017, 11:16 PM. Reason: Left off info.

Comment

• liljawn
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Nov 2017

Originally posted by baggeric View Post
              I have several swivels and I use the Forza but the delron ring actually makes it quieter but slightly slower. If you want speed get yourself a chain link. It's harder to change bags but its really fast if it is a quality one. A good compromise is the ballhook with a steel ball. Noisy but faster than the Forza. I have several. If you want one I will send you one. I think the deville is also still available but the hook on the deville is small and won't take all bags.
              Huh, I figured the delron would help with speed... Yeah i'm interested in the chain link almost got that over the U blot. I don't really have a reason why I went with the U bolt over the chain link. Just was wanting to try something new. I'd be interested in trying out a chain link to.

A lot of the chain links look cheap. What are some of the good ones people have found? I blew that Title pros bearing out in one month and when I received it had slag from someone tacking the top nut in and you could not properly mount it. I had to take a drimel and grind it down super disappointed in it and that was 40 bucks.
              Last edited by liljawn; 11-07-2017, 01:24 AM. Reason: After Thought

Comment

• liljawn
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Nov 2017

The new forza swiveltech swivel is awesome like it much better than my previous title u bolt. Just wanted to give an update I don't feel like I have lost any speed and you have so much more freedom.

My only problem now is I can bag my XS cleto reyes quite fast but the bag almost seems to small if that makes any since. Maybe I am just lacking some skill but don't really think so its feels as if its just so small its like there is very little weight to move the swivel properly both on the u bolt and the ball s hook. It was especially bad on the u bolt.

Thats my update any thoughts. Wanting to pick up a small during all the sales any recommendations ?

Comment

• liljawn
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Nov 2017

Originally posted by liljawn View Post
                  The new forza swiveltech swivel is awesome like it much better than my previous title u bolt. Just wanted to give an update I don't feel like I have lost any speed and you have so much more freedom.

My only problem now is I can bag my XS cleto reyes quite fast but the bag almost seems to small if that makes any since. Maybe I am just lacking some skill but don't really think so its feels as if its just so small its like there is very little weight to move the swivel properly both on the u bolt and the ball s hook. It was especially bad on the u bolt.

Thats my update any thoughts. Wanting to pick up a small during all the sales any recommendations ?
                  After thought from reading some other posts maybe the xs cleto reyes just doesnt have the bounce I had hoped for...?

Comment

• jaja6009
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Dec 2016

I have the larger Cleto Reyes bag, a 6x9. For me and my setup it is a lively bag. I am not sure why the smaller Cleto bag would be slow. What PSI are you using? For almost all of my bags I use 3.5 to 5 PSI with just under 4 PSI being the sweet spot for my personal tastes.

Comment

• baggeric
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Oct 2017

new build having some trouble

I have the extra small Cleto Reyes and it is super fast. Unless I slow bag it, I usually can't keep up with it. It doesn't weigh very much so you can't count on gravity to keep up the motion and if you hit it hard it rebounds very quickly. I find the 9x6 a little easier to handle in most cases.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...