Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Fitness

Fitness General fitness not related to the speed bag

Old 02-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Speed Bag Guru

fingers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgatt View Post
Somehow this thread escaped me till now, interesting reading. Maybe I’ve developed tendonitis in front of my shoulders, or whatever, because that is the spot that keeps me from hitting everyday along with many other daily exercises. I agree you have to listen to your body and see what works for you. I try to do something everyday for about at least an hour that gives the tired part of my body a rest till I can work that part again.

In my “yout” I was able to do 50 strict full up and down chin ups in a row. Past injuries since changed what I can do but through this forum and other sources, it is good inspiration to work at keeping fit.

Metaldad, I will look at those books you posted if they are at the library.

Darn, I’ve looked at those pushup bars many times, now I will go and get them. Walmart has them on sale for $15.
atgatt you cant beat the push up bars mate! i do 5 sets wide 5 sets shoulder width and 5 sets narrow! about 6 inches apart all to failure it blows the triceps up like balloons!!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:02 PM

TJ_MaTee is on a distinguished road
I wonder what the optimum push up, pull up, dip type regiment would be, that would'nt
hinder your speedbaggin'? I know that after any weight training, heavy push/pull up workouts, it'll make you tight and more lethargic.
This would be a great question to pose to ScissorHands, he maintains a good physique and does some kick-ass baggin'.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Speed Bag Guru

atgatt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers View Post
atgatt you cant beat the push up bars mate! i do 5 sets wide 5 sets shoulder width and 5 sets narrow! about 6 inches apart all to failure it blows the triceps up like balloons!!
fingers, when you say push up bars, are you talking about simple bars that are raised off the floor and don't rotate as you do the pushup? Like these:

http://www.smrfoamroller.com/pushupbar.gif

Because I will try those and not the Perfect Pushup that rotates, after seeing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOIFkOX9lhE

TJ, I just think I have front shoulder problems, nothing to do with what I'm doing in exercising I don't think.

Today I had a PICC line put in my right arm to feed me antibiotics from a jaw infection I've been trying to beat. The good news is the Dr said I could hit the bags even with it in. Not today though because it is sore. Maybe I'm the first to ever hit the bags with an IV attached to me. "Cool".
Old 02-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Speed Bag Guru

fingers is on a distinguished road
atgatt yes just the basic ones, gives a great workout arms, shoulders,chest,and back.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

Exercise Mats is on a distinguished road
I've been mixing push ups into my daily workout routine for abut the past three months and I'm happy with the changes I'm seeing to my body.

I grew up playing hockey and soccer and snowboarding, which tends to develop your legs and core while leaving your upper body mostly untouched. Combining something so simple as push ups with a little other exercise on the beach, I've been able to bulk my arms up quite a bit over these past 3 months or so... a lot more than I would have guessed. I got so wrapped up in these complex exercises I read about in the mags and see other people doing, that I forgot about this simple exercise, that probably became so popular in the first place because it works.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:34 AM
Speed Bag Trainee

harrymartin is an unknown quantity at this point
hey man the problem is is that your not increasing them. that means to increase about 10 times daily until the weekend, then rest. plus you should do sit ups and crunches they help your stomach and chest also back pushups they hurt but there freakin worth it hope i helped bye.

best legal steroids

Last edited by harrymartin; 02-04-2016 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:15 AM
Speed Bag Trainee

OneidaMorrison is on a distinguished road
You are doing really good. you should continue it.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:51 AM
Banned

tomwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
Well...
Doing Push ups is a great exercise...
It helps in rapid body transformation....
Here are some benefits of push ups...
-Increase functional strength
-Muscle stretching for health
-Protect shoulder from injury
-Improve your posture
-Prevent from back injuries
So keep doing push ups.....and be healthy feel like a body builder