X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • punchingbag
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2010

The inherent problem with foam based punching bags is that the more you hit them up top, the more the foam starts to sink towards the bottom.

What you should do is wrap the bag with duck tape tightly to help keep the foam in place and from keeping the punching bag from sagging.

If its too late for that, use shin guards!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by punchingbag View Post
      The inherent problem with foam based punching bags is that the more you hit them up top, the more the foam starts to sink towards the bottom.

What you should do is wrap the bag with duck tape tightly to help keep the foam in place and from keeping the punching bag from sagging.
      I've always wished they had the same hanging rings on the bottom of the bag so you could rotate them every few weeks and put the bottom on the top. That might help the material settling problems.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        I've always wished they had the same hanging rings on the bottom of the bag so you could rotate them every few weeks and put the bottom on the top. That might help the material settling problems.
        If I ever buy another heavy bag (not looking likely though) I'd go water bag for this reason. Even distribution that doesn't change with age of the equipment.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          If I ever buy another heavy bag (not looking likely though) I'd go water bag for this reason. Even distribution that doesn't change with age of the equipment.
          Me too. I've had them and love their adjustability and action. I wish I had not given my last one away. I I get another heavy bag I go foam with a water core.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• davidwilsoon
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by riqal View Post
            You might be interested in this: http://www.ringside.com/prodinfo.asp?number=WTRFT

It's a water bag so it will not ever turn to brick hard. It is pricey, though, and at 200 lbs you might have problems finding a place to hang it. It's not the end of the world if you cannot throw uppercuts as effectively on this bag as on the angle bag.

But if it were me, yes go with the hydrostrike bag. Water bags, I think, provide a much more awesome punching experience than traditional filled bags. Make sure you get the foam/water hydrostrike as opposed to the water only hydrostrike.
            Do you guys know if the hydrostrike bag would freeze, would it rip the bladder? I would have to keep it in a garage with no heat year around...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...