• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobs3304
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2008

Quiet speed bag setup?

I have alot of aggression to get out, and would like to purchase the most noiseless speedbag available.

I would prefer getting one without any type of huge stand, smaller and less noisey is better.

Any suggestions? Also, I'm on a small budget soo......

Thanks.

Hopefully this will stop me from banging walls and pissing off my mom.

~ Ry
  • Bolo900
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2008

Well i got very lucky one day and got a $200 everlast platform ( skunk's platform ) for 39.99. the store clerk miss priced it and they had to honor it.. THANKS LISA FROM BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS.. But still i needed to change out the crappy chainlink swivel for a title platinum pro swivel which is much smoother and quiet. What type of budet are you on??? How much would you like to spend???

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

For the least noise:

1. Use a smaller, lighter bag. A 4 oz 7x4 bag makes a lot less noise than an 8 oz 10x7. That being said, 7x4 is way too small for a beginner.

2. Use a plastic ball hook swivel. Definitely less noise than the metal ones

3. Anything attached to the wall will transmit vibration. A freestanding will not have this problem, at the expense of stability. Ultimately wall mounted is the way to go for performance.

Some other things to consider... can you mount it outside (To a tree?) or can you use a public gym?

Comment

• mayassa
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Sep 2020

Mount it outside is good advice.

Comment

• Ginger
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Oct 2021

Unfortunately the really big solid stands are the ones with less vibration and noise. However if you have a cheaper sturdy enough stand you can put cheap really heavy bags of sand on top of the platform to reduce the vibrations and sound a lot. The sound of the bag itself is mostly unavoidable but can be reduced if you go with small and light like Tim said. But beginners will have a harder time learning the smaller the bag is.

Good luck! Hope to see you bagging soon!

Originally posted by bobs3304 View Post

I would prefer getting one without any type of huge stand, smaller and less noisey is better.

~ Ry

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
            Unfortunately the really big solid stands are the ones with less vibration and noise. However if you have a cheaper sturdy enough stand you can put cheap really heavy bags of sand on top of the platform to reduce the vibrations and sound a lot. The sound of the bag itself is mostly unavoidable but can be reduced if you go with small and light like Tim said. But beginners will have a harder time learning the smaller the bag is.

Good luck! Hope to see you bagging soon!

Actually ratchet straps are a better option if you have something sturdy to attach to. Platforms are not shelves. And most people are not capable of lifting 50 or 100 pounds up on a platform. If the rig is strong enough add a thicker platform. But strapping or a tie down or anchoring the bottom of the rig. Thank You
            The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• dad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2018

Tommy, you really caught my curiosity do you have a picture. Sounds really interesting.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by dad View Post
                Tommy, you really caught my curiosity do you have a picture. Sounds really interesting.
                Hollo Dad, no I unfortunately do not, my portable rig that use now, had been strapped three points to the walls and then I wedged on leg under a floor just( it just fit perfectly and wedges in nice and tight), I got lucky. On my truck rig I do have an example, I strap to the tie downs in my truck bed and used supports in the front. And when this video was made and posted it shut me down. I was in awe! And if I never thanked you before Master Kahn, thank you, for helping to create the Speed In Me the Love of our community and for the growth you’ve inspired.

the jackass

Comment

• dad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Dec 2018

I have no idea what I was just taking about after looking at that video. The only thing that was just floating around in my mind, was WOW!!! what the hell was that, GREAT job really enjoyed it. ENJOY.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by dad View Post
                    I have no idea what I was just taking about after looking at that video. The only thing that was just floating around in my mind, was WOW!!! what the hell was that, GREAT job really enjoyed it. ENJOY.
                    I’m glad you Enjoyed!, you never knew?, I’m glad I got to share these things I create with our community and I like to hear people say WOW. Im so grateful to Alan for making that video. Man o man that was moving to me! Thank you Dad
                    Last edited by spdyTommyT; 08-01-2023, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...