• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Board may be down for a little bit this weekend... need to upgrade

The board may be down for a little bit this weekend as I upgrade to the latest release of VBulletin. It won't be down for long.

Being on the latest release helps ensure no security holes are present. In addition, I regularly back up the entire site , so anything you write here should be around forever!
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Tim, do you host this on your own server?

If you are hosting this at a cost to you, can I suggest that you setup a paypal account or give us a means to help so that those of us who are grateful to you for this site can contribute to it's maintenance?

Thanks for creating and maintaining the site!
    Chris

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Much appreciated, but not necessary . The ads at the top help to defray some of the cost. It's actually quite cheap to run a site like this: $100 for hosting, $20 for domain name(s), and $35 for support on the VBulletin software (It's cheap because I paid for a lifetime license several years ago). I look at it like any other hobby, there's always expenses of some sort.

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

Okay, but FWIW, I'd gladly donate for the cause. Don't be afraid to ask for donations, even if it's $20 a year or something like that. Make it optional by all means to allow everyone in, but there are other forums that I gladly voluntarily give money to because I want to see them stay around.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...