• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Championship Speed Bag Belt

I think...maybe...just for fun, at "SPEEDB.A.G. V" (and in honor of the NEW Real Gymm) we should have a speed bag championship. A free-form punching, friendly competition. No real rules, just a few 3 minute rounds of each entrant showing his/her stuff.... voting could be by ballot by those attending. Then we could have a Championship Belt (that stays at the gym) & we get pictures of the winners to display with it.

Thoughts? I think it could be a lot of fun! There could be different catagories and we could use the SPEED DEMON for the technical and speed competitions?

-Freeform/Fancy Punching
    -Punchdrumming
    -Most punches in 1 minute
    - ?????

... you get the idea.

Lets use this thread to explore the idea...it might be a bad one, but it's at least worth a discussion. Please post your thoughts.
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com
  • SpeedBagAtaraxis
    • Nov 2010

I'm in to the idea! I'm not of a competitive nature but I love the idea of giving everyone an opportunity to display to everyone else their new and fine tuned skills and techniques that they've worked on over the year. A competition to display free form and fancy punching seems like an excellent way to do it and I'm always in when it comes to punch drumming! The Speed Demon gets more and more interesting every year and I'm sure John will have some new form of torture come Speed Bag V......

Comment

• Marlon
      • Apr 2013

That's a great idea - Winners for the individual categories & then an overall 'Grand Champion'

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

yeah may eventually attract more baggers for prizes and prestige. It would become very competitive especially with The Speed Demon. Run it just like a marathon with age divisions and punching styles.
        The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• SpeedyTNation
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Sep 2013

Excellent idea.

Comment

• Rhy
            • Sep 2013

I would like to name myself as "interim" Champ... Lol sorry but when and if it goes dwn I'd have no hope anyways!

Sounds like a lot of fun and I'd love to attend something like that.

Comment

• cowell903
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Sep 2013

yeah may eventually attract more baggers for prizes and prestige.

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
                • Apr 2012

I'm up for a speed bag 5. In NY. Win a speed bag, a platform, gloves, or clothes... I want something I can use.
                Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...