• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steven
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2007

Heavybag + speedbag stand

I'm thinking of purchasing this one ... but was wondering if anyone had experience with it before making the plunge (or if you are happy/not happy with another brand, please also mention). Thank you very much for any help you can offer:

• metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Steven View Post
    I'm thinking of purchasing this one ... but was wondering if anyone had experience with it before making the plunge (or if you are happy/not happy with another brand, please also mention). Thank you very much for any help you can offer:

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-p...-speedbag.html
    Hey Steven, I only paid $150.00 for mine at Sportmart. No dis intended to Title as I have purchased products from them and am completely satisfied, but that particular stand by itself is overpriced in my opinion. If you go with that one, it looks like the same Century stand I have, you're gonna have to make make sure as with any freestanding heavy/speedbag equipment, to anchor it down with some nice heavy weight. I'm using about 260lbs, 2-45 plates, 2-35 lb, and 4-25lb plates, this is what I have available. Use more if you can. The speed bag platform is on a bar that slides up and down for height adjustment.This will DEFINITELY need to be anchored down cuz of serious vibration issues. I also put rubber mats under it to keep it from sliding across the floor.Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with it as it has lasted me for about 4 1/2 years. I don't remember a sit up station with mine though and was looking at the picture you added to see where one would fit. Again, you can find this one or even an Everlast for MUCH cheaper. I think Dick's had an Everlast stand for $99.00!! Shop around and if you can test one out do so before you drop $200.00+ dollars. Good luck! I posted some pics of mine in the Pictures and Video Thread.
    sigpic

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Do you have Sports Authority where you live? I've seen the same stand for the $100-$130 range at sports authority. If you buy it local you avoid shipping charges...

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

I went to Sports Authority on Sunday and they definitely had an Everlast stand for $99.99. It seems abit more sturdy than the Century stand
        sigpic

Comment

• 97mustang82
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Steven View Post

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-p...-speedbag.html
          Go to the Walmart website! It's only $99.99 with FREE site to shipping at any local walmart. So all you have to do is order it without a shipping charge and pick it up from the walmart closest to you. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3560026

If your gonna get a heavy bag/ speed bag stand like this, get this everlast one. Notice the wide foot print stance allowing you to move around the bag more freely than their ilder model and other brand models. Also the spee bag platform has 3 positions to move so you can position the stand directly against a wall and have the speed bag platform on the side instead of behind the heavy bag. Notice how the platform is off to the side in this picture... http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-8520533-2410269?asin=B000E8POPO&afid=yahoossplp&lnm=B000E8 POPO|Everlast_MultiPosition_Heavy_Bag_Stand__Black &ref=tgt_adv_XSMG1060

I have this set myself and am not too happy with the speedbag platform vibrations, but that is to be expected with all stands. I put sand bags on top which helped alot. I would recomend if you can hang a bag from your ceiling and mount a platform to the wall, you should do that. You'll be much more happy since you have more movement around the heavy bag and it's allowed to swing around and your speed bag platform on the wall will be 100 times more sturdy. Plus the anchor for a heavy bag is like only $15 and you can get the cheap everlast speed bag wall mount for only $45 from walmarts website aswell.

Comment

• scarecrow
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Oct 2007

Speed Bag Ceiling Mount

Has anyone seen an adjustable height ceiling mount for a speed bag? Something you can move up out of the way when you're not using it...

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by scarecrow View Post
              Has anyone seen an adjustable height ceiling mount for a speed bag? Something you can move up out of the way when you're not using it...
              Board member BillyMack made one (complete with power winch to raise and lower it!), I've never seen one you can buy.

Check it:

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

That's pretty wicked!
                sigpic

Comment

• CaliG
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Sep 2007

I just bought the Everlast stand. I'm pretty happy with it, although it does vibrate when you work the speed bag, it's a lot sturdier than the Century stand's speed bag set up.

Everlast has two screws holding the platform and some rubber in it to get out some shakes.

I put some sandbags on the base and it helps.

For $99, it's a good deal.

Comment

• ashe
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                    That's pretty wicked!
                    yeah, that one's pretty freakin' rad.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...