• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Resolute
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2007

Possibly a CD?

Hi there,
    Thank you so much for your online timer. Unfortunately, I do not have a computer where I work out. Is there a way I can make a CD with the specifications I want with your program?

Thanks.
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Hey Tim I was wondering about that too since I don't have a laptop that i can take to the garage. Can the timer be downloaded to an audio disc?
    sigpic

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

You'd need some sort of program that captures the audio output of your computer and turns it into WAV or MP3 format... for Macintosh something like Wire Tap PRO will do it... I don't know what it would take on the PC/Windows.

Macintosh:

Windows:
      MP3 Recorder Software Reviews and trial Downloads, Records audio streaming into MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG Vorbis files.

I've got WireTap Pro and I can make an MP3 which you can burn to CD or listen in your MP3 player. Tell me what settings you want and I'll make a custom MP3 file and upload it.

Last edited by Tim; 10-13-2007, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        I've got WireTap Pro and I can make an MP3 which you can burn to CD or listen in your MP3 player. Tell me what settings you want and I'll make a custom MP3 file and upload it.

I normally use Musicmatch jukebox to burn my mp3, WAV an WMV files. At least that's what has been working for me anyway Will that work or should I download the programs you linked? As far as settings, what is the limit? I have an idea of what I want to do but I don't know how you set it up
        sigpic

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
          I normally use Musicmatch jukebox to burn my mp3, WAV an WMV files. At least that's what has been working for me anyway Will that work or should I download the programs you linked? As far as settings, what is the limit? I have an idea of what I want to do but I don't know how you set it up
          Yes, musicmatch jukebox will work for buringin the MP3 to a CD... but you have to have the MP3 first.

Those other programs should let you captrue the computer's audio output as an MP3 file which you would then burn to CD. Or tell me what settings to use and I'll make an MP3 for you, you can then download it and burn it to CD.

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Or tell me what settings to use and I'll make an MP3 for you, you can then download it and burn it to CD.
            When you say settings, I'm assuming #of rounds and timer length per round with rests? If so, could you do 12 3min and 2min rounds with a minute rest in between? And maybe 3 and 5 5min rounds with 1minute rest in between? That would be awesome and I would be in your debt
            sigpic

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
              When you say settings, I'm assuming #of rounds and timer length per round with rests? If so, could you do 12 3min and 2min rounds with a minute rest in between? And maybe 3 and 5 5min rounds with 1minute rest in between? That would be awesome and I would be in your debt
              Yes, I'll make an MP3 tonight and shoot the link to you...

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Yes, I'll make an MP3 tonight and shoot the link to you...
                Thank you TIM!!
                sigpic

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

See this thread for MP3s:

Announcements, Q&amp;A, and technical support for the <a href="http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer.html">online workout timer</a>, a free timer for martial arts, boxing, speed bag, tabata, crossfit and many other things requiring a timer!
                  Last edited by Tim; 12-16-2007, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• jason_m_amy
                    • Jan 2007

Tim - cool stuff with the mp3! I had an idea for the timer. Recently some friends and I have been using the timer for our 'timed crossfit' workout. Goes something like this:

3 guys, 7 routines, 14 rounds.

Routines:

pushups
                    speedbag
                    pullups
                    heavy bag
                    jump rope
                    abs
                    squats
                    (we change these up)

3 minute rounds, 1 minute rest, repeat 2 times.

Would be COOL to add this to the timer! Would be something like (where the timer displays):

Round 1
                    User1: start pushups
                    User2: start speedbag
                    User3: start pullups

...timer starts...
                    ...timer ends...
                    rest...
                    Round 2:
                    User2: xxx

etc...

Where we enter the routines in the timer, and the number of users, and the timer essentially tells us what to do, and for how long (we just configure the options). Could create 'workouts' and save them, customize them, give users names, etc... I think this would be pretty useful!

What do you think?

Thanks, Jason
                    Last edited by jason_m_amy; 10-18-2007, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Jason,
                      I'm working on something very similar right now ... it'll be a few more days before it's ready but it should be able to do what you are asking.

I'll keep you posted.

Comment

• metaldad
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2007

Thank you for posting the MP3s Tim! I'll download and burn them as son as I can. Today I actually tried something similar to the workout you guys are talking about, only not as intense...4 rounds speed bag w/ 1 minute rest 10 one armed pushups each arm during each rest, 3 rounds double end bag with 1 minute rest 15 dive bomber or hindu pushups during each rest and 3 rounds heavy bag with 30 second punch out drill at end of round and 20 knuckle pushups duirng each minute rest, of course the goal is to increase the reps and intensity over time but it felt nice to try something different
                        sigpic

Comment

• ashe
                          • Jun 2007

i see time beat me to it already but, here's some that i did just tonight...

just burn 'em to a cd or play 'em direct from your pc... what evah' works for ya'.

2 min. round

3 min. round

5 min. round

there's one minute of silence following the bell sounding the end of the round, so you can just put the track on repeat and automatically have two minute rounds with a minutes rest in between, etc..

make sure you save 'em cuz i'll be taking them off the server within a week or so.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by ashe View Post
                            i
                            make sure you save 'em cuz i'll be taking them off the server within a week or so.
                            Why do you have to take them off the server?

Just noticed your podcasts, are you disk or bandwidth constrained on your host? If you want, I can upload the round MP3s on this server and you can link to them. I can do 5000 MB of traffic a month and the rates are pretty reasonable above 5000 MB (believe it or not this site does 6000 mb a month).
                            Last edited by Tim; 12-07-2007, 05:42 AM.

Comment

• ashe
                              • Jun 2007

if you'd like to host them here, that would be fine by me. i'd like to give something back to the site.

i get my webspace for free, because i teach the guy who hosts it, but i'm conscious of trying to maintain a low bandwidth usage.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...