• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dogtoke
    • Jun 2008

PS-3 Super Swivel

Hey Folks,

My Super Swivel, my swivel of choice, gave up the ghost the other day and I have been in contact with both Ringside and Title. Both companies are out of stock. My new setup which should be arriving shortly will be equipped with a chain link. I just don't hit worth a darn with anything other than a Super Swivel. Could anyone point me towards a company that might have one in stock? Thanks
  • Bebesito
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2008

Comment

• dogtoke
      • Jun 2008

Super Swivel

Thanks much guys. I just ordered thru boomersmma.com and should be receiving in 2-4 days.

Comment

• Brad
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Apr 2008

What was the nature of the failure of your swivel? How much use did you get out of it?

I've tried the swivels from both Ringside and Title. My personal feeling is that Ringside is a necessary evil, but I have to admit that the Ringside model is superior to Title's. The one I received (and later sent back) from Title was chrome plated metal that had been hand-filed and had many rough edges and was of poor quality in general. The Ringside model is made from stainless steel and all parts are smooth. It also has a much heavier retaining pin and a better shaped U from which to hang the bag. The cost is $10 more, however.

I realize you have already ordered a replacement; but for others reading this, here are two links to interesting swivels:

Comment

• dogtoke
          • Jun 2008

Ps-3

My existing Superswivel actually snapped right below the lock nut. I got got it from Ringside I guess about 8 years ago maybe longer. Naturally I was bummed when it broke but after all the abuse I figure it didn't owe me too much. From all appearances the new one I ordered looks the same. If it turns out to be cheesy I'll jump back on the Forum and advise. If cheesy turns out to be the case I'll have to bite the bullet and get on Ringside's backorder list. In the meantime I GOTTA HIT SOMETHIN!! The new one I ordered is 34.99 including shipping. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...