Plastic Bladder Vs. Rubber Bladder? Which is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rosemont
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2006

Plastic Bladder Vs. Rubber Bladder? Which is better?

It would seem to me that a rubber bladder would be faster due to the natural bounce you get. Any thoughts?
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

I posed this question a while back and didn't get any response. I'd love to know the answer to this also.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

speed bag bladder

I'm not sure either. I don't know how equipment companies make that choice, although I suspect the less expensive model (plastic?) wins. One company did send me a bunch of rubber bladders once they were getting rid of. (After I got them I understood why. Bad batch.)

I'm also not sure if the bladder material actualy makes that much difference in reaction to the outside leather and welting system. In reality the inside, however it is enclosed, is air that is compressed by the contact with fist and board.

Consider the lowly basketball. Inside, there is compressed air. These have many "outside" covering types (rubber, leather, other high tech materials) and each has it's own particular feel. They all bounce and "play" differently. Who really knows what's inside each individual one?

When I get a bag, and I still get them occassionally, I don't really know what kind of bladder it has inside. As long as it lasts and doesn't leak, I'm pretty much good to go. But it would be interesting to ask the equipment companies if they have any research on that, or why they use the ones they do. I'll ask around.....
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...