X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m.breen
    • Jan 2017

Everlast comapatible swivels.

Does anybody know which swivel bases have the base screw holes which are compatible to the everlast swivels?
  • m.breen
    • Jan 2017

Anybody?

Comment

• riqal
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by m.breen View Post
      Does anybody know which swivel bases have the base screw holes which are compatible to the everlast swivels?
      I ordered a ringside super swivel from Walmart.com, and the holes were compatible with my everlast chain link and everlast u-bolt swivel.

Comment

• m.breen
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by riqal View Post
        I ordered a ringside super swivel from Walmart.com, and the holes were compatible with my everlast chain link and everlast u-bolt swivel.
        Good to know. If you ever get the chance, check out walmart.ca and see the very limited items available to us deprived Canadians. Do you know if the Ringside swivels are available in store? I regret not making the trip across to the U.S. when I first started buying speed bag stuff.

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

As I recall they have a retail sales counter that is open M-F during business hours. If it's in the warehouse, it would be available for sale there.

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by riqal View Post
            All things being somewhat equal..

That bodes well for the Ringside Easy swivel I've ordered to fit in my existing Everlast U-bolt holes.
            Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• riqal
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
              All things being somewhat equal..

That bodes well for the Ringside Easy swivel I've ordered to fit in my existing Everlast U-bolt holes.
              Well, I’m almost positive that the easy swivel is not compatible with everlast. The ringside chain link and easy swivel screw holes don’t match up with the super swivel screw holes, which matched up with everlast. At least that’s how it was with what I had.

Comment

• Dutchman
                Speed Bag Historian
                • Jun 2006

Yeah that is one of the problems with Ringside swivels. When they offered multiple swivels for sale, no two base holes would line up. My take on it is that they had them made in different shops.

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  Yeah that is one of the problems with Ringside swivels. When they offered multiple swivels for sale, no two base holes would line up. My take on it is that they had them made in different shops.
                  I've have had "about 100" everlast swivels of all types, Ballhooks and chainlinks - from the 1970's to the 2000 plastic bases. All the base holes were the same. I never had to alter the holes on my board to make any one of them fit. Maybe I was just lucky, but that has been the only thing consistent about them, at least since the late 1990's.

I haven't had that many ringside swivels since they were mostly U-bolt, but the few I have messed with never truly matched the Everlast swivel holes.
                  Last edited by Speedbag; 02-20-2018, 12:29 AM.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by m.breen View Post
                    Good to know. If you ever get the chance, check out walmart.ca and see the very limited items available to us deprived Canadians. Do you know if the Ringside swivels are available in store? I regret not making the trip across to the U.S. when I first started buying speed bag stuff.
                    Where in Canada do you live...
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• m.breen
                      • Jan 2017

I'm just north of Toronto.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...