• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SEET
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2017

Narragansett platform

So I got this completed speed bag set from a customer last week, looked around and found some pretty outrageous prices (not sure if I should believe them) saying it's worth around 5k. It's an ngc. Thinking I'm gonna keep it as a decoration and just get a completely new set-up. Should I have it refinished or just leave it as is?
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Depends upon what kind of shape it's in. When new the metal work was finished with Japan colors and sealed with varnish. The drum's wood would have finished with several coats of varnish. Some people prefer the aged look, while others like the showroom appearance Usually not much has to be done to the elevating system, other than possibly replacing the crank wheel (or on later models a hand crank on a universal joint);

Comment

• SEET
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Sep 2017

Thanks, I think I might just clean it up a little. Love how heavy everything is. Took me a while finding out what I had lol. Barely anything on Google. I wanna use it, but I could make one that works just as good. I think it'd be a waste on someone like me. I'm not really interested in brands and antiques. You know where the best place to sell this would be? I might Just sell it and split it with the guy that gave it to me.

Comment

• Bag Man
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by SEET View Post
        Thanks, I think I might just clean it up a little. Love how heavy everything is. Took me a while finding out what I had lol. Barely anything on Google. I wanna use it, but I could make one that works just as good. I think it'd be a waste on someone like me. I'm not really interested in brands and antiques. You know where the best place to sell this would be? I might Just sell it and split it with the guy that gave it to me.
        Post some pics.
        "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

• SEET
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Sep 2017

I did somewhere else in here, but here you go
          Attached Files

Comment

• Bag Man
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by SEET View Post
            I did somewhere else in here, but here you go
            Not in bad shape. Should clean up nicely.

Bag Man

Archie Moore

Comment

• Bag Man
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bag Man View Post
              Not in bad shape. Should clean up nicely.

Bag Man
              BTW. If you are interested in a sale PM me. However, I am no where near the $5,000 figure you quoted.

Bag Man

Archie Moore

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...