• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boxing noob
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2008

Height of double end bag

Hi on what hight are u supposed to hang the double endbag? + i have a problem my room is not high! Is it a problem that the upper rope(elastic) is like 4times shorter then the lower robe when i hang ball on chin level. Wouldnt this create a weird bounce? And are u supposed to ware gloves?
    Thx

ps this forum is amazing it really got me into boxing first the speedbag wich turned out to be awsome!but now i like to try this to
  • Jonzel
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2007

I have the everlast yellow & black double end bag.
    It came with an elastic bottom cord and a nylon rope (Non-stretchy) top cord. I adjusted the length of the top cord so that when I hit the bag its as if I were punching someone exactly my height in the face.
    I'm not sure about the rebound if you have 2 elastic cords, Hang it up and see what happens.

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

Go to YouTube, type in double end bag and check out the video by Grim X from Worldboxingforums.com. Very informative video about setup, height, tension and technique
      sigpic

Comment

• atgatt
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

For me, I'll put the bag at different heights since I have the upper cord that easily adjust differently. I'll also hit it straight, downward, upward, sideways, etc.

Who says that it just has to be hit straight? Does a real fight just require straight punches? Plus, I like the weird returns it gives when it is not hit straight.

Comment

• mdillge2
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Aug 2020

[QUOTE=Jonzel;n17907]I have the everlast yellow & black double end bag.
          It came with an elastic bottom cord and a nylon rope (Non-stretchy) top cord.

That is genius. I am using a basement and so I only have about 7 feet. And I get the weirdest bouncing action. I'll try this.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...