• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Bad idea?

This may be one of the most ridiculous things you've ever read on the forum and if so, I apologize. Wanted to try a little experiment with my everlast Uhook swivel. It's a rather low hang and I wanted to see what it would be like if I brought the platform down about half way to the bottom of the swivel. This is just a test.. possibly a stupid test. It is noticeably quieter and the bag is reacting somewhat faster.

Your thought on this? I'm tempted to (properly) adjust the entire platform this way using different wood of course.
    Attached Files
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Nothing stupid about experimenting with the speedbag setup. Actually, I remember once I think on this forum somebody put a recess in the center of the platform where the swivel goes and it worked well.

Comment

• Jollygood49
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by riqal View Post
      Nothing stupid about experimenting with the speedbag setup. Actually, I remember once I think on this forum somebody put a recess in the center of the platform where the swivel goes and it worked well.
      That's what I was going to recommend. If you can get your hands on a large enough forstner bit or have any other means of creating the recess that would give the same effect and look kind of neat. It wouldn't have to be permanent in a sense either because you could make a plug that goes in there if you wanted to return the swivel to being flush with the drum

Comment

• BagBoy
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Jollygood49 View Post
        That's what I was going to recommend. If you can get your hands on a large enough forstner bit or have any other means of creating the recess that would give the same effect and look kind of neat. It wouldn't have to be permanent in a sense either because you could make a plug that goes in there if you wanted to return the swivel to being flush with the drum
        Went out and bought a sheet of pine (nice n' smooth) and cut the three recesses out plunging the cuts using a 7.25' skill/circular saw blade (via my table saw) and mounted it with adhesive, sunken brad nails and screws around the sides. Finding a forstner bit to accomplish this was problematic, to say the least.

Not only is the entire setup quieter but the bag response is of course better and vey consistent.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by BagBoy; 02-09-2018, 03:17 AM.
        Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• REB
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
          Went out and bought a sheet of pine (nice n' smooth) and cut the three recesses out plunging the cuts using a 7.25' skill/circular saw blade (via my table saw) and mounted it with adhesive, sunken brad nails and screws around the sides. Finding a forstner bit to accomplish this was problematic, to say the least.

Not only is the entire setup quieter but the bag response is of course better and vey consistent.
          A little late I know, but a hole saw would have worked for you
          Attached Files

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...