X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marlon
    • Apr 2013

That was Great!

Hi everyone - I was only able to stop by Real Gymm on Saturday, but I'm glad I did.

I showed up around 2pm when most of the guys were out having lunch. I got to meet Tony, Piefurz and John as they set up. For about 30 minutes, I had access to 8 platforms all by myself, each with a different swivel and/or bag. One of em even had a new "speed demon" hooked up to it that I got to play with. That thing is neat!

I hit 5 x 8's & 4 x 7's that I had never even seen before. I got to try a 9x6 Leone that was so light & bouncy it was like hitting air. (Now I must have one). I also got to hit on a Powermill, a DeVille (I promise I will put mine up now Dee) U-bolts & 'bike chain' swivels. I got to hit all different makes of bags for the first time too. It was speedbag-equipment heaven!

I got to meet Zaza, Tim, G-Town & MsDeville. I was about to introduce myself to Alan & Ataraxis when they started comparing moves on a bag, so I just shut up & watched. It was like being in the background of a youtube clip! I met em both later & they were incredibly nice guys & really into being there.

I then got about 30 minutes of one-on-one instruction from Alan that I am still processing, along with my very own autographed Speed Bag Bible! (Thanks again Alan!)

I also met a forum member named Martin who lives about 5 minutes away from me & gave em a ride home cuz I'm a swell guy.

The Speedbag contest was great to watch, but after seeing Alan, Ataraxis, Tony & G-Town destroy the bag, I wasn't about to embarass myself - maybe next year. Everyone was exactly as you would think - Very cool & happy to be there & just having a great time. The owner of the place, Donny was a great host & a really nice guy too (Thank god because the man is huge! - Easy to see how he owns a place called Real Gymm)

Great gym too - No spandex or plastic weights at Real Gymm. My kinda place!
    Everyone I met there was really great - I'm sorry if I left anyone out.

This was all in about 3 & 1/2 hours! I STILL can't believe I had to take off to attend a Baby shower. I made it there in time to have one beer & help load presents. This kid hasn't even been born yet and I already hold a grudge against it! But I showed my face & said hello - Can't bail (completely) on a buddy.

I will definitely be back next year and not just for the day. If you are able to get there, it's a really GREAT event.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

It was really great meeting you Marlon. I'm so glad you made it, even if it was just for a few hours. Sorry you couldn't stay longer. But I know you'll be back next year. Bif came all the way from Pennsylvania just to visit for a few hours and to view the sneak peek of the documentary, which is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Zaza, you are the Man! Not only are you a talented bagger, but you are a gifted filmmaker. You captured the essence of the speed bag spirit we all share. Every segment was great. Made me all warm and fuzzy, and teary-eyed with emotion. I am so proud to be a part of all this.

Fellow Baggers, if you're reading this and you're an addict like me, please consider donating what you can to help Zaza with the huge cost of producing this work of art. There's still so much post-production work to be done…

Thank you, Joe, we appreciate all the hours you have put into this project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
        It was really great meeting you Marlon. I'm so glad you made it, even if it was just for a few hours. Sorry you couldn't stay longer. But I know you'll be back next year. Bif came all the way from Pennsylvania just to visit for a few hours and to view the sneak peek of the documentary, which is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Zaza, you are the Man! Not only are you a talented bagger, but you are a gifted filmmaker. You captured the essence of the speed bag spirit we all share. Every segment was great. Made me all warm and fuzzy, and teary-eyed with emotion. I am so proud to be a part of all this.

Fellow Baggers, if you're reading this and you're an addict like me, please consider donating what you can to help Zaza with the huge cost of producing this work of art. There's still so much post-production work to be done…

Thank you, Joe, we appreciate all the hours you have put into this project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Thanks to you Ms. Deville...and to all the baggers who share this addiction and have generously donated to the cause of getting our story out there...and making our own little mark in history!

Donations are greatly appreciated, every little bit helps: www.artofthebag.zazacast.com

Here's a little look at what a great time we all had. Hope to see & meet all forum members at "SPEEDB.A.G. V" ... it will be one to remember!

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• G-Town
          Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Nice!

SB4 - A time in a half...and more! Juxt my bag brother gettin' real! Everyone its the best time of all year if your a bagger... make 5 its worth the trip. 19 is a special number (smile)

Comment

• juxt
            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

good times. Great baggin with everybody. I wish I didn't have to cut out on sunday. zaza, I'm glad you included that clip of me in your video. I wanted to see that- that was a good laugh. thanks

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by juxt View Post
              good times. Great baggin with everybody. I wish I didn't have to cut out on sunday. zaza, I'm glad you included that clip of me in your video. I wanted to see that- that was a good laugh. thanks
              Every year you BRING it JUXT... I can't believe the moves you come up with.
              I wonder if you'll ever run out of ideas?

....something tells me...no way.... the JUXT prevails!
              Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
              http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                Every year you BRING it JUXT... I can't believe the moves you come up with.
                I wonder if you'll ever run out of ideas?

....something tells me...no way.... the JUXT prevails!
                Indeed he does. His skill and moves are mesmerizing along with his quiet humility about it all.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...