Are thre any events happening near Stockton California?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matalac
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2013

Are thre any events happening near Stockton California?

I live in Stockton California, is there any speed bag clubs near here?
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Matalac View Post
    I live in Stockton California, is there any speed bag clubs near here?
    "Clubs" is not a word I'm familiar with on the west coast. If there are any groups that gather for training together I don't know of them or haven't seen any reference to them on this board. There are probably a lot of baggers in your area, and if they respond or PM you then maybe you folks can get together for some joint training.

Years ago, (we're talking 1996-99) there was a group or club of six or so guys that got together on a regular basis in Atlanta area. I met a few of them at the sporting good industry "supershow" in atlanta, february 1996. That was a four day event back then, and the first day the local news crew and sports announcers guys came out and one happened to shoot some footage of me hitting doing on of my demonstrations for in the Hitman booth. That station showed about 5-7 seconds of it on their news that night about the supershow being in town, one of these guys in "the club" saw it and got all the others to come and visit the show. It was a "closed show", not open to the public (only for representatives or people who legitimately work in the sporting goods industry and buy from each other) but one of the guys in "the speed bag club" had some sporting goods affiliations with a few companies, and got them passes to get in, and they found me. We stayed in touch for a few years by email, calls etc. No contact in several years now...
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...