X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

if u can get a ball hook its going to be good. Maybe the swivels have bad barrings because after that its a mytery to me. My problem was vibration with my old unit but you say theres non so i dont think i can help ya. Might need to call CSI in for this one hahaha. just practice and see if you can get used to it is all the adivce i can offer ya right now.
    ________
    GLASS WEED PIPE
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:43 AM.

Comment

• andy302
      • Nov 2008

ok thanks ill try the ball hook

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

Is that five rebounds total, or off the back side of the board? Is the bag inflated adequately? It should be firm, but not rock hard. Generally speaking unless there was some really poor machining done on the swivel that style should give you fairly rapid rebounds.

Comment

• andy302
          • Nov 2008

5 total thats what i mean its realy slow ive got sand bags on top of the board theres hardly any vibration that why i think its the swivel ive orded the title deluxe pro swivel so hopefully that will be a lot better

Comment

• Pegasos
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by andy302 View Post
            ive just bought a golds gym boxing frame with back and speed bag the speed bag seems really slow i think theres to much vibration through the board any advise on how to cure it?

Well andy302, since you ask me, from the little experience i have with speedbags and speedbag setups i can tell you the following:

The problem that is causing you a slow rebound could be in the setup you use, in the way you hit the bag, or in the swivel. I would suggest you try to make the setup as solid as possible, make your technique as focused as you can (will improve over time) and try different swivels and speedbags in your training.

Comment

• HandsOfStone
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jan 2009

Here's my setup, just built it this week, total cost not including the swivel and bag cost only $40. And its sturdy as hell
              Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Looks like a sweet set up. Love the posters also.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
                  Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by HandsOfStone View Post
                  Here's my setup, just built it this week, total cost not including the swivel and bag cost only $40. And its sturdy as hell
                  Looks good. Where did you get the iron brackets from? Maybe standard shelving hardware?

Comment

• HandsOfStone
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    Looks like a sweet set up. Love the posters also.
                    Thanks! The posters gives some extra motivation Oh and by the way Mr. Kahn after watching your videos its made me want to get into speed bagging so thanks!

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    Looks good. Where did you get the iron brackets from? Maybe standard shelving hardware?
                    They are 20 inch shelving brackets from lowes, cost $8 a piece. And the 24 x 1 inch table top, also from lowes, cost $16. I built this custom one because the pre-made stands would be too big for my bedroom. So this is just the right size and height.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

I built this custom one because the pre-made stands would be too big for my bedroom. So this is just the right size and height.
                      You probably saved a bundle too... looks great. Keep us updated on your progress. we're all here to help

Comment

• HandsOfStone
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        You probably saved a bundle too... looks great. Keep us updated on your progress. we're all here to help
                        Yeah saving money was also a big factor lol Thanks for the comments Tim, Ive learned so much since stumbling upon this forum a week ago.

-Mike

Comment

• Kyle
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Nov 2006

how did u cut such a perfect circle like that? i made mine like a "U" shape because i didnt know how to cut a perfect circle like that and im thinking about making another board for my sister who recently started boxing so i finially got her to try my setup and shes fallen in love but its way to high for her and she stuck standing on a foot stool and she said she wants her own then i can show her things as we both work. sorry little off topic but im just very pumped that shes finally hitting because ive been telling her for over a year to try it and she just wouldnt.
                          ________
                          SUPERCLIT
                          Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
                            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Thanks! The posters gives some extra motivation Oh and by the way Mr. Kahn after watching your videos its made me want to get into speed bagging so thanks!
                            Thanks and I'm glad you finally got under the board yourself. No need for the "Mr" formalities. We're all brothers of the bag here and go by screen names or initials.

looking forward to some video's.
                            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                            The Quest Continues...
                            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                              how did u cut such a perfect circle like that?
                              I don't know how he did it, but Lowes sells pine rounds that look very similar. They cost about $10 USD if memory serves.

Comment

• HandsOfStone
                                Speed Bag Trainee
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                                Thanks and I'm glad you finally got under the board yourself. No need for the "Mr" formalities. We're all brothers of the bag here and go by screen names or initials.

looking forward to some video's.
                                Video to come soon, any tips on how to improve would be awesome. I just ordered a Rival 10x7 bag. So when that comes in all put up my first video

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                                how did u cut such a perfect circle like that?
                                Yeah Tim is right, I bought it pre-cut like that at lowes for $16. It works great, I'm thinking about building the exact same setup in my garage for the summer

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...