• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Filibogado
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2012

Vibrating Platform

I just started using my new Everlast freestanding speed bag platform and heavy bag combo unit. The problem is that no matter how hard I tighten the nuts and bolts and place barbell weights on the legs, the speed bag platform still shakes and vibrates violently when I reach a certain speed. Does this vibration affect my speed bag punching effectiveness, or is it something I will eventually learn to adjust to - i.e., the bag may be off a few millimeters here and there while swinging on a vibrating platform. My thinking is that it is even better because the wild uncontrolled swinging simulates a swiftly dancing opponent who bobs and weaves while I try hitting him with my punches.

Thanks for any ideas.

Fil
  • Johnny O
    • Apr 2011

You should try to minimize the vibration as much as possible. Good luck with the free standing unit though. Add some weight to the top of the drum, something that won't vibrate off like a sand bag etc. Good luck!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Welcome to the forum Filabogado. Check out speedbagcentral.com. This is Alan Kahn's website and he has some photos there that will show you how to place nylon straps to help eliminate the annoying vibration from a free-standing setup. I hope this helps.

Here's a link:

I'm not sure what brand it is that's in the picture, but this should give you an idea of how to put some straps on your speed bag unit.
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...