• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stefan
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2012

Buying my first speed bags

Hi Speed Baggers,

My name is Stefan. This is my first post. I am about to buy some speed bags. I did some checking on the forum and was all set to buy the Title Standard Red and Yellow. They are selling for $33 on the Title site. However, they are having a sale on their Title Classic Advanced Speed Bag ($20). Has anyone tried this bag?

Also, Title is selling their steel S-hook swivel for only $3. Has anyone used that swivel? Otherwise, I will probably get an Everlast Plastic S-Hook on ebay., since I will be setting up my platform outdoors, slighting under a roof.

Thanks for any advice you are able to give.

Stefan
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Stefan View Post
    Hi Speed Baggers,

My name is Stefan. This is my first post. I am about to buy some speed bags. I did some checking on the forum and was all set to buy the Title Standard Red and Yellow. They are selling for $33 on the Title site. However, they are having a sale on their Title Classic Advanced Speed Bag ($20). Has anyone tried this bag?

Also, Title is selling their steel S-hook swivel for only $3. Has anyone used that swivel? Otherwise, I will probably get an Everlast Plastic S-Hook on ebay., since I will be setting up my platform outdoors, slighting under a roof.

Thanks for any advice you are able to give.

Stefan
    Hey Stefan, welcome to the forum.

The Title Classic Advanced speed bag is a pretty wierd and severe shape, with long tapering neck down to big wide belly. I haven't hit one though, so maybe it hits better than it looks.

This style of Ballhook tends to perform badly and break early. I would avoid it if you can. Put the price on a ballhook.

Good Luck.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Stefan
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Sep 2012

Thanks

Thanks for the advice Speedbag. I appreciate it.

Stefan

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...