• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • REB
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2017

Title sending new bladder

Here's a gag... I purchased a couple of Title's Quik-Tek rubber bladders and they arrived to my house about 5 days ago. I wanted to put a QT in a vintage Spaulding 15 inch bag I had to see how it banged. Anyway, I install it (Size M) pump it up. It fills the bag nicely at 4 lb. It is a big bag. Cleto Reyes larger bladders work too in a 15 incher. I hook it up on a platform and bang away. I hear a strange rattle noise.

I remove the bag, give it a shake, swirl it around and the noise sounds like a pebble in a plastic can. I deflate and remove the bladder. Re inflate it and yes there is a foreign object in the bladder. Yes, the bladder inflates and holds air. I deflate it again and lay the bladder on a table and mash around on it. There seems to be a loose air valve inside the bladder. The object had the same shape of the air valve where you insert the needle. My theory is some clown at the bladder manufacturer, sneaked one in on a buddy playing a prank ???? or just a disgruntled employee mucking up the product. I called Title and they said they will be sending a couple of replacements. I even had the bladder inflated and shook it over the phone so she could hear it, Bwaaaaha ha. Anyway, one point for Title.
    Last edited by REB; 07-06-2017, 01:22 PM.
  • REB
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2017

By the way, If someone wants to tinker with this bladder, remove the object and patch it up, I will send it to you

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by REB View Post
      Here's a gag... I purchased a couple of Title's Quik-Tek rubber bladders and they arrived to my house about 5 days ago. I wanted to put a QT in a vintage Spaulding 15 inch bag I had to see how it banged. Anyway, I install it (Size M) pump it up. It fills the bag nicely at 4 lb. It is a big bag. Cleto Reyes larger bladders work too in a 15 incher. I hook it up on a platform and bang away. I hear a strange rattle noise.

I remove the bag, give it a shake, swirl it around and the noise sounds like a pebble in a plastic can. I deflate and remove the bladder. Re inflate it and yes there is a foreign object in the bladder. Yes, the bladder inflates and holds air. I deflate it again and lay the bladder on a table and mash around on it. There seems to be a loose air valve inside the bladder. The object had the same shape of the air valve where you insert the needle. My theory is some clown at the bladder manufacturer, sneaked one in on a buddy playing a prank ???? or just a disgruntled employee mucking up the product. I called Title and they said they will be sending a couple of replacements. I even had the bladder inflated and shook it over the phone so she could hear it, Bwaaaaha ha. Anyway, one point for Title.
      Title has always had great customer. And mostly great bags.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...