X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

I am pretty sure it's bent. I owned a metal everlast swivel that was bent like the one in the photo.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by riqal View Post
      I am pretty sure it's bent. I owned a metal everlast swivel that was bent like the one in the photo.

I also bought one exactly like that off the net a few months ago, and it's sitting in my swivel box. Bent Hook AND a metal ball that is beveled to the hook shank, rather than straight across as the last models of everlast balls were.

By the way, the bag should not come off the hook "at speed" if it is hit correctly, meaning at the correct point of the rebound arc, and not with an upward stroke. If you hit the bag on the upward arc of your "small circle" that is when the bag flys off. I chalk that up to a mis hit, not the speed of the hit.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
        Is it just me or does that swivel seem bent? Pic #2 of the brown 4210 in Murph's last post seems to show the bottom of the swivel protruding outward and unaligned from the rest of the swivel. I wonder if someone was trying to manipulate the swivel in a way to either open it up more for larger straps or bend in a shape to prevent the bag from flying off?
        I'm betting on getting the bag on and off easier. I think a mis hit that lifts the bag up and off the hook will easily clear the slight bend of this hook.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...