• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Yo spinsmashpop

Is this what your Everlast bag started to look like?

I guess mine is starting to crack too. Still hits nice though, real nice.

That Title 8x5 started cracking along time ago, and now it looks like that... still hits good.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tim; 01-22-2009, 08:16 PM.
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

The changes in the leather tanning process have reared their ugly head once more.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      Is this what your Everlast bag started to look like?

I guess mine is starting to crack too. Still hits nice though, real nice.

That Title 8x5 started cracking along time ago, and now it looks like that... still hits good.
      Tim.... yes, that's what happened to mine. Being a new guy, I didn't know if this was going to be the beginning of the end of the bag for me. That is why I sent it back. But it sounds like this just may be how it is with this bag. Although, Bag Shed Kid bought one as well and said it hasn't cracked at all and he's been hittin' like a fiend!

Maybe you can send it back and get lucky like Bag shed did.....

BAG ON!

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Of the two red panels on the bag, only one is cracking. I'd say it was a bad batch of leather.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Of the two red panels on the bag, only one is cracking. I'd say it was a bad batch of leather.
          ...yes, a bad batch that might end up on sale for $9.99. I got mine also and I'm underwhelmed with the shape and reaction of the two I've tried. And the ones I got are definitely bigger than my 8x5's. Even though they say 8x5, I'm bettin' they are 9x6.
          Last edited by Speedbag; 01-23-2009, 10:26 PM.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            ...yes, a bad batch that might end up on sale for $9.99. I got mine also and I'm undewhelmed with the shape and reaction of the two I've tried. And the ones I got are definitely bigger than my 8x5's. Even though they say 8x5, I'm bettin' they are 9x6.
            I agree Alan. I bought two also. I took mine down after a few days. The shape of the bag was "off." I though I could punch it into shape. No such luck. There may have been a reason those were on sale for $9.99.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

It would be cool if Everlast read our comments on the 9.99 special!

...yes, a bad batch that might end up on sale for $9.99. I got mine also and I'm undewhelmed with the shape and reaction of the two I've tried. And the ones I got are definitely bigger than my 8x5's. Even though they say 8x5, I'm bettin' they are 9x6.
              Originally posted by Biff View Post
              I agree Alan. I bought two also. I took mine down after a few days. The shape of the bag was "off." I though I could punch it into shape. No such luck. There may have been a reason those were on sale for $9.99.
              I think you are all correct. Tim, it was also only one red panel of mine that was cracking. But, as I said before, Bag Shed Kid (who now wishes he chose "Count Bagula" as his screen name...haha) says his is fine and he hits in a "Shed Of Death" behind his house.... no cracking. By the way, you gotta see the pics he sent me of his Death Shed. It looks like Jeffrey Dahmer should have spent time in there! I hope he posts them!

So, it probably is a bad batch of leather, but maybe they didn't check the whole production, just enough to know that there would be a lot of returns, so some of us with cracking may get lucky with a replacement bag.

But, as far as the shape, I cannot remember if mine was off. And if it was a little bit, I thought maybe I pumped it up too fast. I have read SpeedBag talking about that kind of thing.....

I will let you all know when I receive my new 9.99 special. I do suggest that anyone unhappy returns it and at least gets a chance with a better bag.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

I got mine also and I'm undewhelmed with the shape and reaction of the two I've tried.
                Originally posted by Biff View Post
                I agree Alan. I bought two also. I took mine down after a few days. The shape of the bag was "off."
                Awww, you guys are crazy! I love mine. Perfect weight size, good rebound - bad leather be damned. Maybe I got a ringer, or maybe I'm the crazy one!

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                Bag Shed Kid (who now wishes he chose "Count Bagula" as his screen name...haha)
                That can easily be arranged ... I can change anyone's username and they won't lose their post count , profile, etc...

says his is fine and he hits in a "Shed Of Death" behind his house.... no cracking. By the way, you gotta see the pics he sent me of his Death Shed. It looks like Jeffrey Dahmer should have spent time in there! I hope he posts them!
                I'll second that, let's see some pics.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Awww, you guys are crazy! I love mine. Perfect weight size, good rebound - bad leather be damned. Maybe I got a ringer, or maybe I'm the crazy one!
                  Great! Hopefully my new one is cool to! I do remember enjoying it for the couple weeks I had it. But since then I went back to my metal ball hook instead of the all plastic and everything got more fun!!!!!

BAG ON!

Comment

• Bag Shed Kid
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Jan 2009

The shed...

[QUOTE=Tim;

That can easily be arranged ... I can change anyone's username and they won't lose their post count , profile, etc...

I'll second that, let's see some pics.[/QUOTE]

Alright here it is...Good times in this sucker.http://speedbagforum.com/forums/imag...es/biggrin.gif
                    Attached Files

Comment

• riqal
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Aug 2006

I agree with Tim - the hell with the cracking leather as long as it hits well. Actually, mine still looks good and hits well. And speaking of cracking leather, my relatively new Ringside 9 x 6 bag is terribly cracked, but I love it anyway because it hits marvelously!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	87284

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	87285
                      Last edited by riqal; 01-25-2009, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by riqal View Post
                        I agree with Tim - the hell with the cracking leather as long as it hits well. Actually, mine still looks good and hits well. And speaking of cracking leather, my relatively new Ringside 9 x 6 bag is terribly cracked, but I love it because it anyway hits marvelously!

[ATTACH]457[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]458[/ATTACH]
                        Originally posted by Bag Shed Kid View Post
                        Alright here it is...Good times in this sucker.http://speedbagforum.com/forums/imag...es/biggrin.gif
                        Alright Bag Shed Kid! Those pics are classic!
                        And OK Riqal...I guess a little cracking isn't the end of the world. But after one or 2 days, it gets you thinking the bag will be unusable in a few months...

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                          Alright Bag Shed Kid! Those pics are classic!
                          And OK Riqal...I guess a little cracking isn't the end of the world. But after one or 2 days, it gets you thinking the bag will be unusable in a few months...
                          For all of $9.99, when it's worn out you use it for an "autograph bag". (or before, as a new momento for someone)

YOU sign it and get the boys in the band along with "BI" to sign it. Lotta people would love to have it. Next time you help and up and comming drummer or adoring fan, hit 'em with an autographed speed bag.

Question:

How many rock bands throw out speed bags at their concerts? Hats and T-shirts = lots. Now speed bags would be original...

I'm thinking maybe one of your new tour sponsors could be "Title" or "everlast" - bringing the bag to the people though Rock music.

I like it.
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

For all of $9.99, when it's worn out you use it for an "autograph bag". (or before, as a new momento for someone)

YOU sign it and get the boys in the band along with "BI" to sign it. Lotta people would love to have it. Next time you help and up and comming drummer or adoring fan, hit 'em with an autographed speed bag.

Question:

How many rock bands throw out speed bags at their concerts? Hats and T-shirts = lots. Now speed bags would be original...

I'm thinking maybe one of your new tour sponsors could be "Title" or "everlast" - bringing the bag to the people though Rock music.

I like it.
                            AK! Totally! I will need to increase my skills greatly and incorprate it into a solo... at the end of the solo, the bag comes off into the crowd! It would be cool and I'm sure some people would be inspird to try and start baggin!

A little more confidence and some good vid footage and maybe i'll make a call.... I guess as long as I can do a solid FCP while hitting some drums, that's already a cool start ... but I want bag chops!
                            haha..
                            BAG ON!

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Bag Shed Kid View Post

No doubt about it that is a Bag Shed allright!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...