• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boyley1984
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2009

swivel advice

hi,
    could you guys give me some advice for a new swivel. my set up came with a standard ball bearing chain link swivel, iam looking for a quieter and faster swivel
    but there lots of different types to choose from. so could you guys give me advice on which swivel to purchase

thanks guys

heres the swivel that came with board swivel
    Last edited by boyley1984; 02-06-2009, 09:32 AM.
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

PM'd you!
    Are you from the UK? Try sugarrays:

Title Boxing Deluxe Pro Swivel For Speedballs Heavy-duty, double-thick, triple chrome plated for extra-long durability. All the speed and quality of the Pro Swivel, only in a quick-change, push-pin style. Change bag in seconds. Lightning fast for professional gym use. Sealed mechanics make for super-fast, super-quiet and super-efficient action. Includes 4 mounting screws.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by boyley1984 View Post
      hi,
      could you guys give me some advice for a new swivel. my set up came with a standard ball bearing chain link swivel, iam looking for a quieter and faster swivel
      but there lots of different types to choose from. so could you guys give me advice on which swivel to purchase

thanks guys

heres the swivel that came with board swivel
      What style of hitting do your intend to do? Boxing style (i.e. punching the front of the bag only) or speed bag bible style - (front, sides, back, etc.)?

Generally the ball hook swivel is recommended for bible style hitting. The plastic verison is the quietest, although some find it to perform oddly at times, compared to the metal ones.

A ball hook will be noticeably more challenging than the chain link or u-bolt type swivels. It will force you to be very precise with your punches.

It will be much easier to punch faster with a u-bolt or chain link.

Comment

• fingers
        Speed Bag Guru
        • May 2008

I got my U bolt swivel from title boxing in USA i ordered it via amazon worked out cheaper that way (tax ect) only took about 8 days its a very fast smooth quiet swivel and like Tim says best for boxing type training ie front and back punching, hope that helps, Fingers.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...