• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

My replacement bags....

Howdy!
    So last week I received my 3 replacement bags.
    The Tuf Wear 9x6 is fine. It has a better rebound with the metal ball hook.

(Man, I am not into the plastic ball hook, it sounds boring and it slows down quickly, as if it's bored being a swivel!...haha... It's as if the plastic swivel sees the metal ball hook and just gives up because the metal ball hook is all amped up, making extra rhythmic "clankings" and just all around looking for a speed bag party!)
    Has anyone ever put some WD-40 on the plastic ball? Is there something to apply that'll make it cook a little?
    Anyhow, I don't know. But that other brand that makes the metal ball hook needs to shorten the length of their S hook.
    Soooo..... point of the thread.... I pumped up my other 2 replacement bags (the 9.99 Everlast 5x8 special and the Everlast 6x9) only to look at them a bit cock-eyed???? Oh no, they look warped!
    The original 6x9 I had was great. I returned it due to the leather cracking early on. I shouldn't have now that I see it can be hit or miss with speed bags. Like Speedbag has said..... just put some leather protector on it to add extra life to the leather.....a little cracking isn't a big deal.....
    The 9.99 special has the same problem. My first one was nice and symmetrical, but the leather was cracking quickly.....
    So what have I learned..... take advantage of a disadvantage...
    I now throw these bags up and punch them to increase my punch precision and overall technique. If you can keep it together on a warped bag, it'll only get easier on a balanced one!
    And maybe someday, they will get punched up enough to balance a little bit more! It's all fine because bagging is killer!
    FOR THOSE ABOUT TO BAG, WE SALUTE YOU!!!!
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
    ...... It's all fine because bagging is killer!

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO BAG, WE SALUTE YOU!!!!

Another Classic analogy

( by the way, Here is a punch drumming classic to another great AC/DC song....)
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Whippet
      • Nov 2008

"It's as if the plastic swivel sees the metal ball hook and just gives up because the metal ball hook is all amped up, making extra rhythmic "clankings"..."

I was just reading this thread after work and this exact part of Spinsmashpop's explanation/descriptive writing caught me off guard and caused instant ejection of Mountain Dew from my nose all over my beautiful IMac.
      I have always appreciated this sort writing for as long as I can remember and no less in my forties; but I will never, ever read one of your posts again "doin' the Dew" as they say, or with a yap full of chick peas.
      Thanks man.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Whippet View Post
        "It's as if the plastic swivel sees the metal ball hook and just gives up because the metal ball hook is all amped up, making extra rhythmic "clankings"..."

I was just reading this thread after work and this exact part of Spinsmashpop's explanation/descriptive writing caught me off guard and caused instant ejection of Mountain Dew from my nose all over my beautiful IMac.
        I have always appreciated this sort writing for as long as I can remember and no less in my forties; but I will never, ever read one of your posts again "doin' the Dew" as they say, or with a yap full of chick peas.
        Thanks man.
        Sorry about the Dew spewage Whippet!

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
          Has anyone ever put some WD-40 on the plastic ball? Is there something to apply that'll make it cook a little?
          I used graphite on mine (a dry lubricant). I can't say for sure if it made a difference or not, as I put the graphite on within 5 minutes of hanging the swivel!

So what have I learned..... take advantage of a disadvantage...
          I now throw these bags up and punch them to increase my punch precision and overall technique. If you can keep it together on a warped bag, it'll only get easier on a balanced one!
          Great attitude, if life (or Everlast) gives you a lemon, make lemonade!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...