X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andy302
    • Nov 2008

speedbag problems

just moved into a new house going to put the speedbag out in the garage but its to low to attach the platform thinking of bolting the drum straight to the roof but its coragated metal not to sure about the vibration problems.Any advice pls
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

It's no good going to a corrugated roof Andy, you'll definitely get to much vibration. So how low is the roof? Surely, if you can stand-up straight then it'll be OK to put a wall mounted platform up. You will have to think about some room for a bag of sand too, depending on how solid your set-up is of course.

Comment

• andy302
      • Nov 2008

ill have to put some pics on.i thought the vibration would be bad the walls of the garage dont go up to the roof so im going to struggle with any platform because of the height.The platform ive got its at sugarrays its the club ultra pro adjustable platform sorry dont know how to add links.My mate suggested weilding to pieces of angle iron to the struts that go across the roof and bolting the drum to them but there will be no room for any sand.
      Last edited by andy302; 02-15-2009, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by andy302 View Post
        ill have to put some pics on.i thought the vibration would be bad the walls of the garage dont go up to the roof so im going to struggle with any platform because of the height.The platform ive got its at sugarrays its the club ultra pro adjustable platform sorry dont know how to add links.My mate suggested weilding to pieces of angle iron to the struts that go across the roof and bolting the drum to them but there will be no room for any sand.

No problem on the link to sugarrays club ultra pro adjustable platform

Why did you chose that particular model over the two vertical bar version?
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ukspeedbag
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

Ok, looks to me like you got 3 choices.

1. change the platform, if sugarrays will do that.
          2. build the wall up!
          3. set the height and cut off the excess tube!

So how tall are you and how high is the wall and roof?

Comment

• ukspeedbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

I would have gone for this, looks like you can mount it pretty close to the roof.
            Perfect for both home and gym use!! Improve your hand eye co-ordination and boxing technique, whether you are an amateur or professional then the Tuf Wear Adjustable Speedball Platform will allow tou to have a great workout in confidence. The height of the platform can be adjusted to suit your need, the platform is crafted […]

Comment

• andy302
              • Nov 2008

yes i wish i wouldve gone for that one.Im 6ft tall the platform ive got is not that good is says it stops all vibration but it doesnt ill try cutting the vertical bar down. thnx

Comment

• andy302
                • Nov 2008

because my friend got a cheap two vertical bar platform and its terrible so i thought i go for that one it says it ellimates all vibration but it doesnt because it attaches in the middle of the drum it vibrates alot even with sand bags.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...