• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mojin7
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2012

Buying first mount and bag...

Hey guys im looking to get into speed bagging in the morning before work. Ive looked around and for what i can afford this mount seems about right... Anybody have one? Or something better for around the same money. Heres the link.

Its an Everlast Elite Speed Bag Mount in case you are already familiar.
    From what i can tell the swivel is nothing special. So im also looking for a little help in that department. Also what to get for my first bag. Thanks in advance guys.
    Last edited by Mojin7; 09-16-2012, 05:52 PM. Reason: forgot to mention something relevant
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Hi Joel. I see that Ralph has mentioned the Deville Swivel. I am one of the makers of swivels here on the forum. I have two designs that I sell and if you're curious, you can check out pictures of them on my profile page http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...hp?albumid=100 and you can see it in action on YouTube by going to my YT Channel or simply doing a search for Deville Swivel. There are also a lot of Powermill swivel videos to check out as well. Here's one that I posted over a year ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tZsKuC3cYQ

Jumpcannon (Ryan) has an email address: evilswivel@yahoo.com and my address is: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com

A U-bolt can be a good swivel when you're first starting out, but can be a challenge when doing elbow combination punches.

My recommendation for a speed bag would be for you to start out with a big bag. (The large Cleto Reyes is a favorite of mine.) You'll get control over it better than a small one. The small, light bags (5x8 and smaller), in my opinion are for more advanced bagging because you really must have your timing AND control of the bag mastered before you can get speed and accuracy. Once you have a little experience, a good all-around bag is the yellow 5x8 Title bag. And it's pretty reasonably priced. Welcome to the forum!
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey, Joel, welcome to the forums. That platform is fine. I had one for a couple of years before getting a Balazs platform, and it was very good. The swivel looks like a chain link swivel which should be fine while you are learning to bag. Once you get better and want to hit "Bible-style", you may want to upgrade to a ball-hook swivel. MsDeville mentioned the two very best swivels around.

As far as a bag for a beginner, a 9x6 or 10x7 made by Title, FightingSports, or Cleto are your best best. Try to catch them when they are on sale. I'm in agreement with MsD again when she mentions the 8x5 yellow Title as a great bag once you gain control of the bag.

Good luck.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...