• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willdubbz
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2017

Medium Everlast vs XS Cleto Speed/Bounce

Hi guys, new to the forum!

Replaced my medium Everlast leather bag with the XS Cleto Reyes bag. It may be that I'm not quite good enough to get a consistent rhythm with the smaller bag but to me it just feels like this bag doesn't have as much bounce as the Everlast.

I have the cheap plat form, but I reinforced it with 2 extra circular boards and they are attached to my wall with 3 2x4s horizontally screwed into the studs. I also have a bag of sand on top. I have the Everlast Pro swivel.

If the bag starts to rotate a bit, and the swivel starts to rotate, the cleto bag loses all momentum. With the older bag it would keep bouncing side to side and I could manage to get back into rhythm. Also I feel like I have to hit this bag much harder to get it to bounce than I did with the Everlast.

Any ideas on what's going on? Like I said, I could just suck at this and that's why it seems this way. haha
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...