• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaja6009
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2016

Older Plastic Everlast Bladder removal

I am wondering if anyone has any tips for removing the older Everlast plastic bladders without damaging them. I bought an Everlast 4208, and a forum member would like to have an older Everlast plastic bladder. I am going to put in a new Everlast bladder. The old plastic bladders have that hard plastic nipple that seems like it is going to break when I try to remove it.

Any advice would be awesome.

Thanks!
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Yeah, they weren't supposed to be salvagable. The valve snaps in and the excess was trimmed off. You should be able to reach inside the bag and grasp the area around the valve and pull it out. Trouble is that you probably won't be able to re install it , at least the way it was designed to

Comment

• Bag Man
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Yeah, they weren't supposed to be salvagable. The valve snaps in and the excess was trimmed off. You should be able to reach inside the bag and grasp the area around the valve and pull it out. Trouble is that you probably won't be able to re install it , at least the way it was designed to
      Even if you get the bladder out in one piece reinstalling would be virtually impossible. The original installation had to have been accomplished using a press with a specially made jig or perhaps when the bag was sewn.

BTW, if the bladder is holding air why replace? I'm not a fan of the 4208, but, in my 4210 and 4213 I believe the original equipment bladders were as good as if not better any replacement, including I dare say the Title bladders.

Bag Man
      "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

• jaja6009
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2016

My bad the bag is a 4213 military. It's a huge bag. I am taking it out because a forum member wants it. I got it out with only slight damage so I hope he comes up with a way to reinstall it.

Comment

• Bag Man
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
          My bad the bag is a 4213 military. It's a huge bag. I am taking it out because a forum member wants it. I got it out with only slight damage so I hope he comes up with a way to reinstall it.
          10-4

The folks at Balazs Boxing have what appears to be the replacement Everlast plastic bladder, or at least it is the one pictured. (They say there are various manufactures.) Might be worth a call.

"He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...