• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OzYank
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2019

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
    I have seen pics of the Jim Bradley swivel before. Could not buy one up here. I was intrigued because its polycarbonate (I still work with polymers, lol). The plastic U-bolt was an inspiration for the tri-hook on the Arc. Can you take a couple of pics of that swivel, especially one of the bottom and bearing, before you mount it? I'd really like to see more detail.
    Here is a pic of the guts of the "new" Jim Bradley swivel. It neither looks nor feels like the original one. I called Jim Bradley office and was told that they are making them in black now. When questioned why there was no name on it (you will notice the name moulded into the blue one in the pic. The 1st black one I mounted also had the name on it) I was told "someone in the back" had lost the original mould and that was why there is no name on the new ones. I call BS on that. The 2nd black one is not built to the same tolerances as the original and just feels cheap. Seems a lot of companies do such things. True what they say, things aren't built like they used to be.

I don't have any pics of the guts of the 1st black one because it's already mounted. If I get my hands on one I'll let you know and take some pics of it. Hope this helps you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by OzYank; 05-30-2019, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

From the look of the pics and your description, I am guessing they farmed out the manufacturing to asia and the 2nd swivel is pretty much a cheap knockoff of the original. Title Boxing has done this too.

It is clear from the pics, they switched the U-bolt from a strong nylon to a cheap plastic like polyethylene. I bet all the black parts are polyethylene now.

Welcome to the club, Australia.
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
        ...It is clear from the pics, they switched the U-bolt from a strong nylon to a cheap plastic like polyethylene. I bet all the black parts are polyethylene now...
        I would like to recant the disparaging remark I made against polyethylene and, by association, the Jim Bradley Speedball Company. I now have a polyethylene implant in my right shoulder glenoid bone, and I love it. Thank you polyethylene for all your good work and making this possible.
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...