• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Subotaï
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2018

"title speed bags" & "forza swivel" problems

Hello,

I need your enlightened advices about my "title" speedbags and the "forza mma" swivel (sorry for my english):

- First of all, I feel that my 3 "title" speed-bags have a slight problem of shape which causes problems of rebounds on the board. 1 "gyro title", 1 "fighting sport" and 1 "black title". This is a single order from the website 'title boxing' They do not have a homogeneous round shape so that they bounce badly.

I changed the bladders several times to check the problem. I have trouble getting the tip of the bladder valve into the speed-bags hole, but I do not think that's the only problem (but i'm not sure, I can not push it perfectly through the hole...) Clearly there is one side of the speedbags that is wider than the other in relation to the loop. I have two "cleto-Reyes" which I also changed the bladders and there is no problem, everything is perfectly straight and bounces smoothly.

I give you below the photos of the speed-bags so that you can tell me what you think. In your opinion, is this only a bladder installation problem? I added a video where I try to show the weird bounce. My skills are not in question here: with cleto reyes there is no problem and I'm sure it's not a banana vs pear shape problem.

- I also have questions about the forza mma swivel that I received:

2 things :

1: The iron ring of the hook is not perfectly round, which I think adds problems of rebounds. I added a photo. What do you think? is this normal? I also have an everlast plastic swivel, which is perfectly centered, and I have no problem with the rebound (apart from the speed-bag problems I mentioned above of course)
    2: the hook unscrews constantly (see photo). It is impossible to block it.... After 30s the speed bag falls systematically ...

In short I am rather disappointed with this swivel. I prefer, for now, the everlast plastic swivel, even with the carabiner instead of the S-hook.

What do you think?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Subotaï; 03-23-2018, 06:56 PM.
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

How old is that Forza? It looks close up like it's already seen a few years. Those are usually nice looking, well made pieces.
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• florian 380
      • Nov 2012

hello subotai
      just put a little bit loctite on the thread and it should be ok . i had the same problem with my tile gyro and fighting sports they need some time of use then they will be fine

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

For problem 1), can you swap out the Forza eye bolt & hook for the Everlast? I don't have the Forza, but it looks like a standard 1/4" 20.

Also, I have noticed for some of my bags, it matters from which direction you load it onto the hook, laces in or laces out.

Laces out, lmao. Ace Ventura.
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Subotaï
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2018

- the forza is new. I will for the moment be obliged to replace the ball by that of the everlast as rdshackleford says (it works well but I want something other than a plastic ball).

- For the shape of "title", I will try again to properly install the bladder and use loctite. I'll tell you if it's better (I try to change the direction on the hook - laces in and laces out... - as rdshackleford says but it does not change anything).

Comment

• jaja6009
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2016

I would say that a lot of my Title bags are not perfectly shaped. But they do hit fine. When I find bags hit badly I try to hit them a lot. It seems like when the leather gets beat on it gets softer and broken in and will then hit straighter. Also I've found that if the loop is too wide and you have to force it on the s-hook that this will make the bag want to pull to one side. This also gets better for me when the strap gets broken in. When I used the Forza I also found that if the ball was dirty with a buildup on it, this would cause the swivel to want to follow an axis that was not straight. I would clean it with rubbing alcohol, and then not use any lube on it.

Good luck. And as others have said use blue loctite on the eye bolt and that should fix it from coming loose.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...