X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • COOP
    • Mar 2018

TITLE gyro balance bag fix

Last month I bought a 6x9 Title gyro balanced bag and was disapointed in how slow the rebound was. I put a title latex bladder in and it improved slightly. I then turned the bag inside out and noticed how thick the outer shell was. Out of curiosity I cut out the black lining, and found a sticky material under it on a white lining.

This may sound over done, but I then used some solvent to loosen the material and rub it off. I ended up with a sticky ball the size of a large marble. I then put the latex bladder back in. Long story short (too late) the bag is much faster and lighter. The shell thickness is more like an everlast bag now. Probably too much work, but I really like the size and shape of the gyro bag. Curious if anyone knows why they would put all that sticky material between layers. All it does is make it thick and slow. Maybe for durability.
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Interesting, have any pics? White lining sounds like nylon. What is the black lining material? And did you leave out the black lining when you put the bladder back in?
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• COOP
      • Mar 2018

No pics, but the first black lining I cut out seemed to be nylon, the white lining left seemed to he cloth material.

Comment

• COOP
        • Mar 2018

Yes left out black lining, since it was in pieces.

Comment

• REB
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2017

Is the white lining rough sewn thread? If so, maybe the smooth nylon lining was added to protect the bladder from possible high friction from the white lining. Help the bladder have a longer life

Comment

• COOP
            • Mar 2018

The white lining attached to the leather was canvas type consistency cloth.

Comment

• REB
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2017

My call is that the nylon lining was glued in to protect the bladder from rub stress of the canvas. I have vintage bags that are lined with linen. Soft material but supportive of the bag's shape

Comment

• COOP
                • Mar 2018

That makes sense. Also interesting is that the bag has kept its shape and rebounds straight...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...