• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Best Chain Link Swivel?

I have an unmarked chain link and from what I can tell it's pretty good, however, I have no real frame of reference to go on with my somewhat uneducated assumption. It is rather loud as the sound of the swivel itself is as loud as the bag and the platform. Is there such a thing as a quiet chain link swivel?

I forget who it was that recently said in a post "I'm a chain link guy", it may have been Reb..? Anyways, any recommendations on a great chain linker would be greatly appreciated.
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
    I have an unmarked chain link and from what I can tell it's pretty good, however, I have no real frame of reference to go on with my somewhat uneducated assumption. It is rather loud as the sound of the swivel itself is as loud as the bag and the platform. Is there such a thing as a quiet chain link swivel?

I forget who it was that recently said in a post "I'm a chain link guy", it may have been Reb..? Anyways, any recommendations on a great chain linker would be greatly appreciated.

That was me. I’m the chain link guy. The ca-9 by valor fitness is a good chain link. A little bit of noise but not bad at all. Also, the ringside chainlink is fairly quite, and will be a good chainlink once you apply locktite to secure the pins to the plate on the chain link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Bag Man
      • Jan 2011

I use both the old Everlast ball hook and chain link (both discontinued). Both are well made and readily available on Ebay for $35 give or take. It is not unusual to fine NOS.

Steve
      "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

• riqal
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Bag Man View Post
        I use both the old Everlast ball hook and chain link (both discontinued). Both are well made and readily available on Ebay for $35 give or take. It is not unusual to fine NOS.

Steve

Yes absolutely I forgot to mention the Everlast chain link. It’s the swivel currently on my platform and in my opinion is the best of chain links.

Comment

• Bag Man
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by riqal View Post
          Yes absolutely I forgot to mention the Everlast chain link. It’s the swivel currently on my platform and in my opinion is the best of chain links.

I agree. I am not a fancy bagger and don't have to worry about noise, etc. . . . Personally, I think the old Everlasts are as good as if not better than anything available new at this point.

Bag Man

Archie Moore

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

That was me. I’m the chain link guy. The ca-9 by valor fitness is a good chain link. A little bit of noise but not bad at all. Also, the ringside chainlink is fairly quite, and will be a good chainlink once you apply locktite to secure the pins to the plate on the chain link.

Thanks for the input. The ca-9 gets the more favorable reviews on amazon, might check it out.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• BagBoy
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Bag Man View Post

Steve
              Yeah I can't find either one. All these discontinued great swivels, very puzzling.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Bag Man
                • Jan 2011

Yeah I can't find either one. All these discontinued great swivels, very puzzling.
                There are a few there right now in varying condition. They really don't wear out and clean up fairly nicely:

Archie Moore

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

The "old style" small link chain links from everlast were fast and quiet. Excellent swivel...however it would occasionally cause errant rebound when bag angle and link connection don't link up. I notice this (as others have also) when quickly and constantly changing sides of bag, or "hitting from all around", changing areas of bag struck during more complicated combinations. Otherwise, I like it. In fact, If I didn't have a ball hook available I would rather use this than a "U" bolt.
                  Attached Files
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...