Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Play it again

Play it again Classified ads - Equipment for sale, trade, or wanted to buy (WTB). No Spam allowed. Please keep it related to the speed bag and fitness related equipment.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:20 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

sportsteresque is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the tip. I won the auction but haven't received the swivel yet. Thanks again.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:23 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

sportsteresque is on a distinguished road
I still would like to find a new ball hook for my steel everlast or maybe some of those plastic caps that are on the de ville 13 swivel. I shortened my original a little too much and keep losing the bag. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:14 AM
Speed Bag Guru

ventanakaz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsteresque View Post
I still would like to find a new ball hook for my steel everlast or maybe some of those plastic caps that are on the de ville 13 swivel. I shortened my original a little too much and keep losing the bag. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
...I might have a steel ball, eyebolt and S-hook made up, but I will have to check, I know I have the ball and eyebolt but I don't think I finished making the S-hook...Ralph
Old 03-13-2017, 03:56 PM

REB is on a distinguished road
I do not know if this link has been posted on the forum or not. But to be sure I am posting it here. It is a ball bearing supply house. I have used them a few times for various projects. i recently received 3- 3/4" brass ball bearings drilled. plan to use them to make a jump rope. Here is the link if anybody could use it.

http://bearingballstore.com/
Old 03-13-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REB View Post
I do not know if this link has been posted on the forum or not. But to be sure I am posting it here. It is a ball bearing supply house. I have used them a few times for various projects. i recently received 3- 3/4" brass ball bearings drilled. plan to use them to make a jump rope. Here is the link if anybody could use it.

http://bearingballstore.com/
They have Delrin bearing balls as well. Now I am curious if a Delrin ball would make my SwivelTek better? Since the SwivelTek has a Delrin seating collar in it? I dunno yet
Old 03-13-2017, 06:57 PM
Speed Bag Guru

ventanakaz is on a distinguished road
The problem you might have would be the weight of the ball, That was the problem with the Everlast plastic swivel, The ball was to light with the cheap lightweight eyebolt and S-hook, (this is what made the ball assembly float in the housing and made it more difficult for beginners) Of course it was made in china so it was crap, But the plastic base of the everlast was pretty good, All you had to do with those swivels was swap out the plastic ball and cheap lightweight eyebolt and S-hook, or you could just swap out the plastic ball if you couldn't get your hands on a better quality eyebolt & S-hook.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventanakaz View Post
The problem you might have would be the weight of the ball, That was the problem with the Everlast plastic swivel, The ball was to light with the cheap lightweight eyebolt and S-hook, (this is what made the ball assembly float in the housing and made it more difficult for beginners) Of course it was made in china so it was crap, But the plastic base of the everlast was pretty good, All you had to do with those swivels was swap out the plastic ball and cheap lightweight eyebolt and S-hook, or you could just swap out the plastic ball if you couldn't get your hands on a better quality eyebolt & S-hook.
I see your point about the light weight of a Delrin ball being an issue. My thoughts were only of the (possibly more ) smooth action of a Delrin ball. Now I am thinking of a brass eye bolt with a brass hook to have added weight. Of course the brass items would have to be made. (Just thinking out loud).
Old 03-14-2017, 04:43 AM
Speed Bag Historian

Dutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud of
Brass is too soft, it will wear out relatively quickly. Steel is the only option for the hook and eye, you can use brass for the ball tho.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
Brass is too soft, it will wear out relatively quickly. Steel is the only option for the hook and eye, you can use brass for the ball tho.
Good points made and will be factors in the event that I test a Delrin ball in a SwivelTek with the Delrin fitting. And to know it would be of a temporary use.. All this just for a few grins

Last edited by REB; 03-14-2017 at 11:42 AM.