• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
    hey that's a nice vintage everlast bag, it looks to be in good condition and comes with a chainlink swivel. do you think there asking to much for it ?
    No I think it is a fair price. Bag looks to be in great condition for it's age, and is a size and shape very hard to find nowadays, if you like that long bottle neck top. IMO, this is strictly a power workout bag, and you can't find one like it for that price and quality. Today's Everlast bags might not be top line, but those of this era were the real deal. Nice leather Beading to hold the panels, probably made before the cheaper plastic versions.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

The 4211 appears to have been in the catalog from about the early to mid 1950's up through the 1960's. It's very similar to the 4207, and while I'm not sure about this they may have briefly co existed in the catalog. I don't recall seeing the 4211 in the mid 70's but I do know that the 4207 was on the display racks at that time.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Are you real ? Your knowledge of speed bag history at retail is uncanny. I dig this deep poetry you write, big daddy.

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

It's a curse. When I develop an interest in something my mind becomes a steel trap when it comes to even the most trivial things. It's also the reason why I'm fairly well respected and known in my first chosen trade. But that's another story.

Comment

• Bag Man
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            It's a curse. When I develop an interest in something my mind becomes a steel trap when it comes to even the most trivial things. It's also the reason why I'm fairly well respected and known in my first chosen trade. But that's another story.
            I have the same problem, but, for me it's why I am and will most likely continue to remain poor. End of story.
            "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...