Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Speed bag discussion

Supporter Links & Advertisements

Speed bag discussion Speed bag technique, training, and equipment

Old 03-14-2019, 09:55 AM
Speed Bag Trainee

Race is on a distinguished road
New member and swivel problems

I am new to the forum and a fairly new speed bagger. I have a few Everlast Plastic Swivels, the 3 smallest Title Super Bags, and a platform someone made for me. It is set up in the house, on a wooden pillar. I do not do any tricks. I hit the bag twice with the left hand and twice with the right, with a 4 knuckle landing. I do monthly programs. My last program was hitting for 5 minutes, for 3 sets, with a minute and a half between sets. I did this 6 times per week for a month. I had a problem with the Everlast Plastic Swivel. After 5 months of programs the metal in the eye bolt wore completely through and broke off. The metal in the s-hook was also very worn. Is this normal? I expected it to last much longer. I email Everlast, with photos, and they said they have a 120 day guarantee, and also that I must have used the bag a lot. Any ideas for a swivel that lasts longer? I like the ball and hook style. I will try to send the photos I sent to Everlast, but am not exactly Edward Snowden on tech stuff, and might not be able to. Thanks, Race
Old 03-14-2019, 12:24 PM
Speed Bag Guru

rdshackleford is on a distinguished road
Welcome to Speed Bag Swivel Central.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:22 PM
Speed Bag Historian

Dutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud of
Sigh, a 120 day guarantee? The old Everlast company made swivels that would last for decades with minimal wear, in commercial locations no less.
Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM
Speed Bag Trainee

Race is on a distinguished road
question for Rusty

Thanks for the welcome Rusty. I have been reading about your Arc Swivel. How long will it last? Is is metal on metal, or plastic on metal? Thanks.
Old Today, 06:38 AM
Speed Bag Trainee

morphiusrt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race View Post
Thanks for the welcome Rusty. I have been reading about your Arc Swivel. How long will it last? Is is metal on metal, or plastic on metal? Thanks.
It is all plastic. Except for the eyebolt. I bought one about 2 weeks ago for my setup. My wife used it and I had to buy another one for her speed bag setup. I love mine. I don't have much to compare it to except for the Title Pro Swivel and the Title Chain Link one. Both of which are in a box collecting dust.

I can't speak much for longevity but it feels very sturdy and is much quieter than the other 2 I had.
Old Today, 07:25 AM
Speed Bag Guru

rdshackleford is on a distinguished road
The longevity appears to vary based on how you bag. My mostly boxing style leaves the Arc looking brand new after many months of use. I have seen some significant wear on some bible baggers's Arcs. Just a theory, but I think some punches can create a whipping action of the ball and eye bolt stem against the base that can create a lot of force, friction, and heat, and that will eventually wear down the plastic base.