• Sep 2009

Everlast 4215 silver

Dutch, what is this, what era?

• REB
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by paranday View Post
    Dutch, what is this, what era?

I am tailgating paranday's thread with a two-fer for Dutchman. You have anything on this Joe Louis autograph bag? Not for the autograph per say, but the maker. It is a 12.5 incher- leather and vintage. Which I like.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Okay, first off , Paranday, this is part of a limited edition kit offered by Everlast during their 75th Anniversary (1985).

REB, Joe Louis had an endorsement deal with Sears, which as far as I can tell was during the late 1950's, early 1960's. This bag shows all the characteristics of a Sears/J.C. Higgens bag.

Comment

• REB
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        Okay, first off , Paranday, this is part of a limited edition kit offered by Everlast during their 75th Anniversary (1985).

REB, Joe Louis had an endorsement deal with Sears, which as far as I can tell was during the late 1950's, early 1960's. This bag shows all the characteristics of a Sears/J.C. Higgens bag.
        Appreciated Dutchman

Comment

• REB
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by ventanakaz
          ...I seen that too, are you gonna bid on it, BTW there is a Everlast 4213 selling on there for 20 plus 4 for shipping, if you don't have one of these bags I would say, get one. You seem like a few of us on here that like the bigger bags
          It is not on my want list Ralph. But I did ask the seller if he could post some pics of it with air in it. There seems to be some surface cracking around the Louis name I would like to verify. I do happen to have a 4213 I purchased from a board member. here is a hint...his initials are Ralph . I punch on it a lot. Great bag
          Last edited by REB; 10-08-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• REB
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2017

Ralph...
            Here is an update on the Joe Louis bag. I asked the seller to air it up and post some new pics of the bag. He sent me an email this morning stating that he would do that. And when he did.... R-i-i-i-i-p went some of the seams. The leather pulled away from the seams....it definitely is "Wall Art" now. I thanked him an wished him well.

Comment

• REB
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2017

According to information given to me by EverLast, the model 4215 was the beginning of using the Everhide for speed bags. I thought maybe this silver 4215 was not leather. I asked the EverlLast rep that maybe this silver anniversary could be leather??.. ( I can't really determine from the pic. Unless someone has a detail to look for to determine one way or the other ). EverlLast said no, it was not leather.. Any argument?

Comment

• Dutchman
                Speed Bag Historian
                • Jun 2006

Not from me. The 4215 and later the 4216 were the bags that were part of the striking bag kits that were sold primarily by the big sporting goods chains.

Comment

• REB
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  Not from me. The 4215 and later the 4216 were the bags that were part of the striking bag kits that were sold primarily by the big sporting goods chains.
                  Here is a 4216 that is currently on ebay. You can detect from the pattern of the surface that it is not leather. Click on the pic (it will enlarge) and you can see the pattern
                  Attached Files

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...