• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce
    • Dec 2009

Prime Fighter Pro Speed Bag / Heavy Bag Adjustable Wall Mount Model 500

Hi, guys and gals,

Anyone have any experience with this platform? Looks pretty sturdy, and accomodates 16 and 24 inch spacing.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
  • fingers
    Speed Bag Guru
    • May 2008

Looks a nice unit Bruce!! pretty much like the Everlast adjustable one but with a thicker drum and steel mounts instead of wood, looks like a good buy.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
      Hi, guys and gals,

Anyone have any experience with this platform? Looks pretty sturdy, and accomodates 16 and 24 inch spacing.

Haven't used it, so I can't say for sure, but if you mention you are a forum member you will get a 15% discount on it.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hi, guys and gals,

Yes I have used it. Scroll down this page and you'll see me in front of it when I visited the factory where they are made in Noel Missouri. I like it OK, however it adjusted by chains going down inside the tubes and rattled a lot when you punched. I think they have now adapted that to use a cable. Call them and talk to them. They are great folks and can probably modify a unit for however you need. Randy is his name.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Bruce
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Haven't used it, so I can't say for sure, but if you mention you are a forum member you will get a 15% discount on it.
          Awesome, thanks Tim. I appreciate it.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          Yes I have used it. Scroll down this page and you'll see me in front of it when I visited the factory where they are made in Noel Missouri. I like it OK, however it adjusted by chains going down inside the tubes and rattled a lot when you punched. I think they have now adapted that to use a cable. Call them and talk to them. They are great folks and can probably modify a unit for however you need. Randy is his name.
          Thanks for the feedback, Alan. Perhaps the 200 series non-adjustable platform might be a better buy for me since I'm the only one who uses it. Thanks again.

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Thanks for the feedback, Alan. Perhaps the 200 series non-adjustable platform might be a better buy for me since I'm the only one who uses it. Thanks again.
            Will you be wanting to use different size bags? Maybe change to a swivel with a different rebound arc/bag height?

Adjustable platforms sure are nice.

Comment

• Bruce
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by paranday View Post
              Will you be wanting to use different size bags? Maybe change to a swivel with a different rebound arc/bag height?

Adjustable platforms sure are nice.

Hell, good point... Didn't think about different sized bags and/or swivels. I was thinking that I wasn't getting any taller... *chuckle*

Respect the Bag!

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Hell, good point... Didn't think about different sized bags and/or swivels. I was thinking that I wasn't getting any taller... *chuckle*
                Also you never know when a family member, friend, or other acquaintance may want to give it a try. I would not ever buy another non-adjustable platform for those reasons.

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Awesome, thanks Tim. I appreciate it.

I would respectfully disagree. I suggest a board with at least some adjustment built in, for different bag sizes or baggin' buddies joining you later.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...