• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag Seaweed Man
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2015

(R roll)''(SES)' (R roll)''(SES)'

Letting the bag bounce off the corner of the elbows and make it's 90 degree turn in direction, catching it back into the R roll with the opposite hand.
    If you haven't before, then you should try this one! It feels choice.

• Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
    Letting the bag bounce off the corner of the elbows and make it's 90 degree turn in direction, catching it back into the R roll with the opposite hand.
    If you haven't before, then you should try this one! It feels choice.

Unless I see it, you are missing a rebound. You are correct that it takes 2 rebounds between (R-Roll) ' ' (SES), but it should also takes two rebounds between your "SES", which I assume is a downward or outward Single Elbow Strike (hits front of bag) and the next RSP in the R-Roll, which hits the bag of the bag. Otherwise, when the bag rebounds away from your face after the SES, if your RSP hits after only "ONE" rebound, the bag and your hand would be going in the same direction. That is possible I suppose but not the usual occurrence. In normal situations the bag is always coming toward the hand or elbow, not away from it, which is the same direction as the punch is going.

I would think that would be: RSP ' ' O or D SES ' ' R-Roll
    but occasionally the bag and fist can connect going in the same direction.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Unless I see it, you are missing a rebound. You are correct that it takes 2 rebounds between (R-Roll) ' ' (SES), but it should also takes two rebounds between your "SES", which I assume is a downward or outward Single Elbow Strike (hits front of bag) and the next RSP in the R-Roll, which hits the bag of the bag. Otherwise, when the bag rebounds away from your face after the SES, if your RSP hits after only "ONE" rebound, the bag and your hand would be going in the same direction. That is possible I suppose but not the usual occurrence. In normal situations the bag is always coming toward the hand or elbow, not away from it, which is the same direction as the punch is going.

I would think that would be: RSP ' ' O or D SES ' ' R-Roll
      but occasionally the bag and fist can connect going in the same direction.
      It's hard to see because I had run out of scented candles (lol). I think the reason it worked with just the one rebound is the same way that any of the double punches that contact two sides work with one rebound in the middle. Such as (R-SDP) (S-RDP) or even (FDP)'(SSP). It is pretty much a double punch? (SES)'(RSP) using one arm for each hit. Right (SES)' Left (RSP). Left (SES)' Right(RSP). I am going very slow which may be why this is possible.
      The sun is up now so here is the combo in question, filmed in daylight so you can actually see it. Lets get to the bottom of this conundrum!.. Cheers Alan!

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
        It's hard to see because I had run out of scented candles (lol). I think the reason it worked with just the one rebound is the same way that any of the double punches that contact two sides work with one rebound in the middle. Such as (R-SDP) (S-RDP) or even (FDP)'(SSP). It is pretty much a double punch? (SES)'(RSP) using one arm for each hit. Right (SES)' Left (RSP). Left (SES)' Right(RSP). I am going very slow which may be why this is possible.
        The sun is up now so here is the combo in question, filmed in daylight so you can actually see it. Lets get to the bottom of this conundrum!.. Cheers Alan!
        OK, you are doing an Outward-Single Elbow Strike (O-SES) with the RSP, and making contact as you would if using that elbow for the Side-Triple Elbow Strike (S-TES).

The only difference between a Side-Triple ES and an Outward-Triple ES it the last punch. With the S-TES the last fist is a Side Single punch, and with an O-TES the last punch is from the front, usually a FSP or FCP, either will work. But the "outward" elbow connection and direction of a S-TES is more from the front-side of the bag, angling the rebound more sideways, which is allowing your RSP to follow in one rebound. So you are correct, it is a O-SES ' RSP. I have never seen it done quite like that before and is an interesting variation. the root of that would actually be the SSP ' RSP, or Side-Reverse Double Punch (S-RDP). In your case you are just substituting the O-SES (angling sideways) for the SSP in that technique.

It works. good move.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...