X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

100% Humidity?

So, the weather has gone from 16° and dry, to 45° and rain. Tonight, after working out, I noticed the condensation on my platform ceiling (is it called a drum, or is that something else altogether?). So, of course I was compelled to write something, and then I figured I'd take a picture of it. I'll post my "artsy" version, also...
    Oh, and in case any of you need to to do some basic photo editing, but you don't have any software on your computer, I use this website: www.pixlr.com It's VERY easy to use and the best part is that it's free!
    Attached Files
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • RenoRattler
    • Sep 2009

Haha, that's awesome! Gotta love the PNW!

Comment

• Roc Stone
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2007

Nothing like a good bit of moisture.

The wetter the better!

Don't slip...

On a cautionary note, if those lovely speed bags of yours are exposed to damp condtions for a prolonged period of time, along with those dramatic climatic changes you're experiencing, you might wanna treat those puppies with a good bit of leather conditioner.
      sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• fingers
        Speed Bag Guru
        • May 2008

Climate change has hit the speed bag world great pictures!!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

Great picture edit Dee!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by RenoRattler View Post
            Haha, that's awesome! Gotta love the PNW!
            The winters can be miserable, but a (good) summer in Western Washington is unbeatable.
            Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
            Nothing like a good bit of moisture.

On a cautionary note, if those lovely speed bags of yours are exposed to damp condtions for a prolonged period of time, along with those dramatic climatic changes you're experiencing, you might wanna treat those puppies with a good bit of leather conditioner.
            Thanks for the suggestion, Roc. I don't ever leave the bags out... every night I am diligent about retreiving the bag... even if it means that I have to handle that greasy bolt and pin on the swivel – twice! Ah, the sacrifices I make * * to follow my passion...

Originally posted by fingers View Post
            Climate change has hit the speed bag world great pictures!!
            Thanks, fingers. More photos to come...
            Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
            Great picture edit Dee!
            Thanks, Vini. It's fun to experiment.
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Biff
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey Dee, thanks for the link; there are some pretty nice tools to fool with on the site.

Comment

• atgatt
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2007

It's a great advertisement for Everlast bags, "They not only take a licking, but do it in all kinds of weather too."

Keep on having fun, Dee, and thanks for sharing it.

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                  So, the weather has gone from 16° and dry, to 45° and rain. Tonight, after working out, I noticed the condensation on my platform ceiling (is it called a drum, or is that something else altogether?). So, of course I was compelled to write something, and then I figured I'd take a picture of it. I'll post my "artsy" version, also...
                  Oh, and in case any of you need to to do some basic photo editing, but you don't have any software on your computer, I use this website: www.pixlr.com It's VERY easy to use and the best part is that it's free!
                  That's quite a dramatic jump in temperature! It's been in the 20's here with wind chills in the teens to the (-) Ahh winter............I think I'm gonna put on my Bermuda shorts and barbeque.....that's right I said Bermuda shorts dammit!! Bag On!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                    that's quite a dramatic jump in temperature! It's been in the 20's here with wind chills in the teens to the (-) ahh winter............i think i'm gonna put on my bermuda shorts and barbeque.....that's right i said bermuda shorts dammit!! Bag on!!
                    right on, md!

Comment

• Tim
                      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                      That's quite a dramatic jump in temperature! It's been in the 20's here with wind chills in the teens to the (-) Ahh winter............I think I'm gonna put on my Bermuda shorts and barbeque.....that's right I said Bermuda shorts dammit!! Bag On!!
                      I'll need to see photographic proof of that

It dipped into the 50s today here in Orlando.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...