Very creative Deville.

Like your style.

Keep'm coming.
    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Everything is better with Carlos Santana......................

Comment

• atgatt
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Dee, you reminded me so much of one of my sisters who took up piano playing. You could just sense her enjoyment when she plays just like you when you hit. Great hitting and combos.

Your mirror angle is very clever and I love your hitting environment with the clock and temp gauge right there in your view.

Never heard that song before but I sure like it. Quite mellow.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          A very cool song for Punch Drumming. Very nice punching. You sounded "on beat" most of the time, with a pretty nice variety of techniques and elbows. Sounds like you're starting to "hear the bag beat" pretty well now against music.

Good job. I wish your bag was just a bit lower.....
          Thanks, Alan. I know some of my punches are, let's say, far from perfect... can I use the excuse "but I'm a girl!"?

This was a "first take" and I simply "went for it" mistakes and all. I'm getting a feel for the beat, and as I improve on my combos, hopefully, so will my next video...

Yes, the bag was a bit high. I'm constantly experimenting with that... I think half of my workout is spent pulling up or putting down boards under me (my platform isn't adjustable), trying for that "perfect" height.

Originally posted by deano View Post
          6mths and killing it, top kit of punches, awesom elbows, punch drumming ear, weight loss, you should have a big smile on your dial MsDEE, looking forward to The next 6mths and beyond from you.deano
          Thanks, deano. Yes, indeedy, I'm feeling pretty good with my progress, considering that I'm getting into this hobby/sport rather late in the game...

Originally posted by 10Alton View Post
          Nice work, I'd like one of those platforms myself. Listen to the guys get the Patent. Get the patent, get the patent.
          Yes, I LOOOVVEE my platform. I know it doesn't sound like your typical drum, but it certainly works for my needs. Even though I began hitting the bag to get in shape, I've come to really enjoy the artistic side of speed bagging.

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
          Very creative Deville.

Like your style.

Keep'm coming.
          Thanks Roc. Watching your videos inspire me.
          I watched your "This is the Sound" video several times... nice and mellow... and made a concerted effort to "slow it down" on this one.

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          Everything is better with Carlos Santana......................
          Yup! I was banking on that!

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
          Dee, you reminded me so much of one of my sisters who took up piano playing. You could just sense her enjoyment when she plays just like you when you hit. Great hitting and combos.

Your mirror angle is very clever and I love your hitting environment with the clock and temp gauge right there in your view.

Never heard that song before but I sure like it. Quite mellow.
          Wow! So, it really shows, huh?

It's surprising how much enjoyment I get from this.
          ...I'm becoming a fan of Santana. Very mellow.
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...